OT: Futbol II

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The pressure is squarely on Liverpool now. A Chelsea win would be hilarious. Hopefully ivanovic tempts Suarez with another tasty bite. ;)

oneydcat*

Too bad Chelsea cant/wont field their best team, it would have been a lot more compelling. Although if Sturridge cant go it evens things out a little.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Liverpool will beat Chelsea like a drum Sunday to remove any uncertainty about who is champion.

You were saying? Talk about a team with heart, wow, what a performance in Anfield.

Liverpool were exposed today. It's unfortunate because I'd rather they win than City.

Hopefully this win gives Chelsea a lot of confidence heading into Wed's 2nd leg.

oneydcat*

yeah that pretty much sucked- Liverpool controlled the tempo but couldnt figure a way around Chelseas packed in defense. Costly error by Gerrard was the difference.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Mourinho got we he deserved sending out 6 defenders at home.

How anyone who isn't a Madrid fan could route for them over Atleti I have no idea...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't harbor illogical hate for Ronaldo and would like to see him win one that's how. Atletico would be a cute little story sure.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Ronaldo won it in '08 with ManUre. And Madrid has a decent chance of winning any year. Atleti hasn't been here since '74 and I wouldn't be surprised if it is another 40 years until the next time. This is very much a one off for them.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
And that's the only way Atl was gonna win, by Real shooting themselves in the foot. First Bale misses a gaping net, then a defensive blunder the other way.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
Incredible final, too bad Simeone lost his mind at the end and Atletico imploded late.

It looked like he was responding to something Varane said. I like seeing that kind of passion from managers but he was doing stuff you shouldn't even consider (running onto the pitch before stoppage time was officially over in the first half) during a CL final.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
According to Simeone, Varane kicked a ball towards the Atletico bench after Ronaldo scored the penalty (where he got the extra ball from, I don't know). Simeone then responded by picking up the ball and kicking it back aiming for Varane and then running onto the pitch to confront him further. Embarrassed himself. The way Atletico gave up after 2 - 1 was another embarrassment by the way. Nobody tracking back and seemingly don't give a ******* as they'd given up being 1 goal down with 10 mins left in the biggest game of their careers.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
According to Simeone, Varane kicked a ball towards the Atletico bench after Ronaldo scored the penalty (where he got the extra ball from, I don't know). Simeone then responded by picking up the ball and kicking it back aiming for Varane and then running onto the pitch to confront him further. Embarrassed himself. The way Atletico gave up after 2 - 1 was another embarrassment by the way. Nobody tracking back and seemingly don't give a ******* as they'd given up being 1 goal down with 10 mins left in the biggest game of their careers.

Atletico got very short bench. In what you called embarassment I thought they could not come back, were out of energy completely.

Injuries to Juanfran and Filipe Luis were the end of their defense. And their offense was done before 10th minute.

CR7 and Bale were poor :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad