GDT: Frustrated Flames (34-15-6) @ Frightening Lightning (41-11-4) - Feb 12 | 5:30PM MST | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Lightning with 4 goals on 20 shots

170px-Snoop_Dogg_snapped_attending_a_press_conference_in_India.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You mean why is our defense absolutely brutal now?

Not one goal on Rittich tonight is soft.
I think the Kucherov goal, he played his position in a way that essentially took himself out of the equation. Defence aside on that one, he realistically couldn't have played it any worse. If he stood up at the top of his crease, he would have forced goaltender interference or else seen the shot.

Anyway, though, that still makes for comparison to Smith. People have complained all year about Smith that it isn't just about not letting in bad goals, but just making more saves. Realistically, right now, the two goalies are giving the Flames pretty much equivalent goaltending.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The way this team works is a sight to behold. Whenever there's an extended break of any kind, the team looks truly ridiculous. It's takes them eons to get their act together

I do think the team as a whole was trending downward before the break, but Gio's play lately really stands out. It feels like all the Norris talk is affecting his ability to just play his game. Once he's clearly out of the Norris race he'll probably start playing like the best Dman in the NHL again.

Last edited:

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Brodie showing why he should be the new netfront presence on PP2

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Brodie with his 10th own goal of the season, though not as horrible as his others.

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
Lmao, these refs are morons. Should be a Tampa PP. But I don't care, because they've let Tampa get away with a ton.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Playing against a well oiled machine like the Lightning makes me question what kind of team we strive to be. We're stuck in an awkward limbo where we want to play fast via our Dmen but we have an excess of lumbering, big-bodied forwards that struggle to move the puck up but are strong on the cycle and wouldn't look out of place on the mid-to-late 2000s Flames.

I guess it comes down to our future acquisitions but our defense doesn't really complement any line very well except for our first line. I hope the rumours about Zuccarello are true because I'll pull my hair out if we're sniffing around guys like Staal

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Playing against a well oiled machine like the Lightning makes me question what kind of team we strive to be. We're stuck in an awkward limbo where we want to play fast via our Dmen but we have an excess of lumbering, big-bodied forwards that struggle to move the puck up but are strong on the cycle and wouldn't look out of place on the mid-to-late 2000s Flames.

I guess it comes down to our future acquisitions but our defense doesn't really complement any line very well except for our first line. I hope the rumours about Zuccarello are true because I'll pull my hair out if we're sniffing around guys like Staal

I would not move our 1st rn.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Playing against a well oiled machine like the Lightning makes me question what kind of team we strive to be. We're stuck in an awkward limbo where we want to play fast via our Dmen but we have an excess of lumbering, big-bodied forwards that struggle to move the puck up but are strong on the cycle wouldn't look out of place on the mid-to-late 2000s Flames.

I guess it comes down to our future acquisitions but our defense doesn't really complement any line very well except for our first line. I hope the rumours about Zuccarello are true but I'll pull my hair out if we're sniffing around guys like Staal

Tampa is also in year 2 or 3 with this core (3 with Point) and have been a top team for a while (made the finals 4 years ago) whereas this is the first year the Flames have all been together (Lindy, Hanifin, Hamonic, Neal, Janko, 4th line, 3rd d-pairing all relatively new to the core). A few stumbles along the way is to be expected.

Problem is Gio is old AF, and Brodie and Hammer only have a year (or 2?) left.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Tkachuk is injured

Trying to jump over the bar set by Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad