GDT: Frustrated Flames (34-15-6) @ Frightening Lightning (41-11-4) - Feb 12 | 5:30PM MST | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I come in peace...Always been a fan since I saw my first NHL game in Atlanta when they were the Flames there (Atlanta v. Philly, and yeah, Dave Schultz, Plett, etc.). The 04 Cup was a classic and you guys are building one hell of a team. Hope to see you in June!

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Just imagine if Brodie doesn't go controller disconnect and gio doesn't interfere with the goalie. Sad defensive effort tonight.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Need a legit scorer for the second line to push some of these guys down the depth chart.

How about Neal? Seriously, I'm done with the frolik experiment there too. If his agent has a problem, I have no issues trading him given how little he has done this year. Putting tkachuk on the third line will solve nothing, so please don't do that either.

And seriously, 1 pt in 7 games tkachuk? Please start snapping out of it.

Reactions: Janks
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Not going to win games if we can't score 5v5 more consistently.. Especially in the playoffs. Pretty piss poor performance, which has been the case for the past 10 games or so for the most part.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I come in peace...Always been a fan since I saw my first NHL game in Atlanta when they were the Flames there (Atlanta v. Philly, and yeah, Dave Schultz, Plett, etc.). The 04 Cup was a classic and you guys are building one hell of a team. Hope to see you in June!

I bet you do...easiest cup ever lol

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
How about Neal? Seriously, I'm done with the frolik experiment there too. If his agent has a problem, I have no issues trading him given how little he has done this year. Putting tkachuk on the third line will solve nothing, so please don't do that either.

And seriously, 1 pt in 7 games tkachuk? Please start snapping out of it.
Frolik hasn’t been very good since just after the hot streak after the agent BS. Usually he’s good defensively but the past few weeks he’s just been meh. The whole second line outside of Backs looks like shit.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Need a legit scorer for the second line to push some of these guys down the depth chart.

For sure, but some people think Frolik is a solid player with chemistry

I think that's bullshit...he is a bottom 6 player that may need to sit once in a while...

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
For sure, but some people think Frolik is a solid player with chemistry

I think that's bull****...he is a bottom 6 player that may need to sit once in a while...

Agreed. People have become absolutely obsessed with this narrative. Facts are facts, frolik is not a 2nd liner.

Reactions: No Draft

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
1 of maybe 5 games this year that the Flames lost while deserving to lose.

Most games the team has deserved to lose, they've ended up winning, so maybe it's just balancing out a bit.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
We are in a slump, which is not good but it gives the team some adversity.

Would you guys say that this would be a good time to make a move? This changes things up a bit.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We are in a slump, which is not good but it gives the team some adversity.

Would you guys say that this would be a good time to make a move? This changes things up a bit.
Yeah, I was thinking during the third period that a move might be a great way to break the malaise. Even a small one.

Reactions: viper0220

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Eh, slumps are the worse time to make trades. When other GM's sense weakness, that's when they start throwing anchors at you while asking for your future.

The only thing to do when struggling is to wait it out. Or at most, minor moves like healthy scratch's, minor league recalls, maybe waiving someone/claiming someone. Nothing major that could hurt down the line, like for example giving up a decent energy player for an AHL calibre defencemen with a 2.25M cap hit for another year or a decent third line centre struggling offensively for a worse, softer also struggling centre but who has a 3.1M cap hit for another year.

Again, nothing about Treliving suggests he's the type of GM to panic and make a move based on a small or even extended slump. His job's not on the line and even if it was, he's not that type of manager. That's not to say he won't do anything, it's just that nothing's changed. It still has to make sense now and in the future.

Reactions: Bronco Horvat

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Kylington was our best defender tonight.

The top 4 were all bad IMO

Rittich was fine the goals weren't his fault.

Bennett was probably our best forward he created a lot.

Gaudreau has been off since the ASG but he can't be on every night the other two top liners need to provide more when he's not creating everything. (They seem to be getting better which is good because they were both bad for a while).

Tkachuk is playing the worst hockey of his career turnovers left and right and he isn't creating much either.

I usually don't like Hathaway but he did his job well tonight.

I think they break the slump against Florida.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I've said it before and will say it again, this is more than just a slump. We've been pretty bad since Christmas, fortunately our top line bailed us out for a long time, but now that games are tightening up, we're going to pile up the losses.

Since the Christmas break (19 games):
  • 8th worst in GA/GP
  • 9th worst PK%
  • 3rd most times shorthanded per game
  • Tkachuk has fallen offensively, he's tied for 81st in points with 15
  • Rittich has an .896 SV% and 3.13 GAA
  • Smith has an .889 SV% and 3.48 GAA
  • Giordano is tied for 12th in PIMs and 3rd in minor penalties taken
We need to be more disciplined. Our captain needs to stay out of the f***ing box and lead by example, we cannot have a top PK pairing defenseman in the box this often. We need better f***ing goaltending. Tkachuk needs to get going again.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I've said it before and will say it again, this is more than just a slump. We've been pretty bad since Christmas, fortunately our top line bailed us out for a long time, but now that games are tightening up, we're going to pile up the losses.

Since the Christmas break (19 games):
  • 8th worst in GA/GP
  • 9th worst PK%
  • 3rd most times shorthanded per game
  • Tkachuk has fallen offensively, he's tied for 81st in points with 15
  • Rittich has an .896 SV% and 3.13 GAA
  • Smith has an .889 SV% and 3.48 GAA
  • Giordano is tied for 12th in PIMs and 3rd in minor penalties taken
We need to be more disciplined. Our captain needs to stay out of the ****ing box and lead by example, we cannot have a top PK pairing defenseman in the box this often. We need better ****ing goaltending. Tkachuk needs to get going again.

Agreed on all of this. Defense has been shit, and goalies aren't doing enough anymore. Add Backlund to the list of "too many penalties" as well. When your two best pkers are in the box all the time, this team suffers. Peters needs to reel these guys in before these habits spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad