GDT: Frustrated Flames (34-15-6) @ Frightening Lightning (41-11-4) - Feb 12 | 5:30PM MST | SNET-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
4 point game boys. They’re up a couple touchdowns but a win in regulation here plus a win with our game in hand and we can get the president’s trophy lead down to *checks notes*...single digits

No lie if we win out I’m not sure we gain 12 points on them in the 26 games they have left

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
3Au9WQr.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If we limit the Lightning to less than 4 goals, it'll be the equivalent of a Christmas miracle

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Congratulations to Calgary boy Brayden Point on being the undesputable best player in the entire 2014 NHL draft. Kid is a modern day Yzerman, just plain dynamic with skill, speed, and x-ray vision in spades. He deserves Auston Matthews money more than Auston Matthews does.

Now let's beat these punks. They ain't invincible, just can't let it get to a stupid shootout.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Had a dream last night in which the score was 7-4 (Tampa sadly) for this game by the end of the first period. Honestly, I could see it given our shitty luck. Now if only our transit system was a bunch of escalators :sarcasm:

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
I say the Flames take this one but I might be just dreaming. They had a real close game against Tampa last time so hopefully it turns out better for the Flames this time.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I've got a bit of a theory bleeding back to last year:

The Flames are at their worst when they carry most of the play. They're not a cycle team. Of course you can't win being a counterattack team either, so they have to suck it up and dominate bad teams and make it easy for the Markstroms of the world to pad their numbers. But the payoff, and this goes back to last year when we beat some pretty elite teams decisively, comes against other top teams like Tampa, because now we can simultaneously carry enough of the play against them to not let them dictate the game, but we will still score some rush goals which is how the Flames (and the 3M line especially) thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->