Speculation: Front Office

Should Rutherford Stay or Go?

• Total voters

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wish the whole team had the heart and desperation in the playoffs, that Alfredsson showed in the ECF back in 2017. He was playing like a man possessed, one of the best losing performances i've ever seen by a forward AND he was at the end of his career. Granted though that he was looking at his last chance for a Cup before retiring. Shit if the team would play half as motivated as him, these loses the last 3 years would'nt have been so bitter.

One of the reasons I was so disappointed in Marleau. Dude, you're chasing a Cup after years of being a playoff failure. Even if your skills have diminished, at least put in the kind of balls-to-the-wall effort that makes it look like you actually wanted to win one before you retired.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
One of the reasons I was so disappointed in Marleau. Dude, you're chasing a Cup after years of being a playoff failure. Even if your skills have diminished, at least put in the kind of balls-to-the-wall effort that makes it look like you actually wanted to win one before you retired.

Well said, tbh in Marleaus case, I noticed him so little that I almost forget to be upset with his play. Then suddenly thought, wow this guy has no heart or leadership on the ice for this team right now, he may have with the Sharks but he does not now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Wish the whole team had the heart and desperation in the playoffs, that Alfredsson showed in the ECF back in 2017. He was playing like a man possessed, one of the best losing performances i've ever seen by a forward AND he was at the end of his career. Granted though that he was looking at his last chance for a Cup before retiring. Shit if the team would play half as motivated as him, these loses the last 3 years would'nt have been so bitter.

Yeah Alfredsson was a true enigma in that series considering he didn’t play hockey that year or in any year after the 13-14 season....

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

or is that some sort of argument that the last few years didn't actually happen?

If you think their going to succeed every season your going to be disappointed .
Pttsburgh are a good team Penguin fans are lucky.

Last edited:

CallArnoldSlick

Party Fowl
May 21, 2010
If you think their going to succeed every season your going to be disappointed .

I think Pens fans are aware of how fortunate they have been with the franchise, as a whole, over the past three decades. That doesn't mean the club should sit back and rest on their laurels. Three Cups in the Crosby era is great. Four is better. Both the team and fans should be looking at how to improve on the past two disappointing years. That includes being critical of things that are not working.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Sure. But I don't intend to be happy if this team has like 24 Cups and then is irrelevant for over 24 other years...?

Reactions: pistolpete11

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Pittsburgh won't win 24 cups in your life time so you don't have to worry about it . Have a good one .

Well yeah, cause there's more than six total teams and actual competition now

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Breh, I'm straight fact checked by history

Get rekt
Montreal Canadiens have won more games have won more Stanley Cups than any team .
Montreal Canadiens are the greatest franchise in the history of the league .
No team will equal what they've accomplished .
Have a good night.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd like Stan Bowman to get shitcanned the same time JR is walking away. I'd also like to see Dean Lombardi here. I have been a fan of Tallon. He has built some really good teams through the draft, but he never gets to stick around long enough to enjoy them.
You're joking right?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Montreal Canadiens have won more games have won more Stanley Cups than any team .
Montreal Canadiens are the greatest franchise in the history of the league .
No team will equal what they've accomplished .
Have a good night.
Lol and there it is.

Hon Hon Hon...won loads of the cups when the league was a joke with 6 teams and had better chances of winning the cup for all 6.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
How the hell does the enemy employ 2 of our former coaches to success?

D55f5btWAAAzV5Y.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad