News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts (Habs Pursuing Dubois)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Agreed,
But guys Cole has not played with big boys yet,
KK has, and our #1 is who knows

A 6.2. 220 lb centre that is awesome
change the 1st or CC to Byron.

needed for the Cap anyway.

CC or 1st should be enough to compensate for the 2 years of development. Add miscellany if they ask, but no past or future 1sts. (one of mete, mysak, Ylonen, etc)

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
KK , Cole, #1
That is plenty

It's not about what's plenty as that's a subjective qualifier, it's all about what the GM is able to negotiate. You never know how these things turn out.

However, if you want to look at it from the perspective of most Habs fans, maybe a lot in here might go for that.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I’d only do it if Danault is the #3C going forward but if Claude will do that then give KK a shot at #2C now or do we need Muller back to make that switch.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
your point being.. ?

Don't count on the position of weakness impacting the trade. Sather desperately wanted to get Gomez gone, would probably have taken nothing straight up, still won the trade. Tampa wanted Drouin gone, still got Sergachev. Habs were shopping Paccioretty, still came out of it well.

As long as Columbus gets more than one person bidding they'll get value.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Don't count on the position of weakness impacting the trade. Sather desperately wanted to get Gomez gone, would probably have taken nothing straight up, still won the trade. Tampa wanted Drouin gone, still got Sergachev. Habs were shopping Paccioretty, still came out of it well.

As long as Columbus gets more than one person bidding they'll get value.

Though we traded them domi for anderson, after the playoffs domi had. So for once i like our chances.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I hate to base things on one game, but KK really opened my eyes in the season opener in terms of his speed. He looked dangerous as well.

Let's wait a few games and see if KK brings this level on a consistent basis. If so, I'm not particularly keen on trading him either.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Lol piss the season away. If downgrading from KK to Poehling for 5-7 games and then upgrading from Poehling to PLD for the next 45 pisses the season away, your team has far bigger issues.

No one would be this apocalyptic if KK got a two week injury. People are just sensationalizing the quarantine aspect of this trade.
you think KK would be enough to get PLD... lol

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I hate to base things on one game, but KK really opened my eyes in the season opener in terms of his speed. He looked dangerous as well.

Let's wait a few games and see if KK brings this level on a consistent basis. If so, I'm not particularly keen on trading him either.

He put up 34pts in 79 games as an 18 year old. People are hung up on his poor season last year, but it’s really not uncommon. The term sophomore slump exists for a reason. I though he looked great in Laval, looked like he made great progress in the bubble and he came on at the end in Europe during the offseason.

I think his floor is pretty high, and not too far off from PLD’s career average up to now.

I think PLD is a safer bet to reach his ceiling though, so it’s a matter of how high you think KK can go and whether you feel comfortable giving up additional assets. It’s a gamble IMO.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
aaaah ok! PS3 trade I see. I'll let you to your dealings no problem.

Right. Show me the last trade for a Top 2 centre where more than 1 significant piece on the current day roster was traded. And I’m not talking Paul Byron types here. I’m talking about the type of players traded that are currently playing that would completely derail a team’s season because they are gone for 5 games. Because this is what you claim will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad