Rumor: Friedman - Canucks will be quiet at TDL but will be big time players on July 1

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
How much are you willing to bet on this "guarantee?"

Not gurarenteeing we it’s a strong belief with an incredible young care and Hughes coming aswell we are becoming an appealing destination again for free agents and Vancouver is an incredible place to live and you see that with the loyalty the Sedins and Especially Edler have shown for this city

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Not gurarenteeing we it’s a strong belief with an incredible young care and Hughes coming aswell we are becoming an appealing destination again for free agents and Vancouver is an incredible place to live and you see that with the loyalty the Sedins and Especially Edler have shown for this city

What is this incredible young care (I assume core) that you speak of?

We have EP and a bunch of nice but not great pieces after that.

You need to expand your vocabulary if that defines incredible for you.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Sutter for sure when he has to give us 15 teams we can trade him to. Management has made a point with making room for guys when they are ready and Gaudette is ready.

Sutter will also be valuable to a team since it's an expiring contract next year.

Guddy I wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved by Monday

Sutter’s contract does not expire next year.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Free agency is going to be absolutely terrifying.

I'm talking Jimbo going after a random player that no one expects and overpaying by at least 2 million level of terrifying.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

I'm talking Jimbo going after a random player that no one expects and overpaying by at least 2 million level of terrifying.
Getting into a bidding war against himself for a KHL player level of terrifying...

Reactions: vanarchy

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Benning is going to go hard on July 1st..no doubt about that..With a new core of elite players, the circumstances will be different this year.

Last edited:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Doubt it..the only terrifying thing about it will be the yearly drop in ratings for the networks..Its become a complete 'non event'.
You don't fear the next anchor contract?

Because I sure do.

tumblr_om4oy9b9ZZ1veogvqo1_400.gif

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Because I sure do.

tumblr_om4oy9b9ZZ1veogvqo1_400.gif

Of course he doesn't. He thinks the Canucks are in a rebuild despite not being able to point to any examples of how the Canucks are in a rebuild. He also excuses Benning for the first 3 years of his tenure here, despite not really pointing to anything after that which has been good. He's just pro Benning no matter what.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

when you ignore all the bad things Benning has done and then all his moves have been average at worst through to good, and who doesn't want a GM that only does average at worst through to good thing?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure they use the "Buy high, forget to sell" philosophy.
I think the philosophy can be better described as a "buy high / buy high" combo. There is no thought of selling at all. See: Hamhuis

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Help me out is this 3 or 4 straight years of being a bottom feeder that gained no significant picks/prospects at the deadline?

Reactions: Slapshot_11

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Can't wait to miss out on all the premier free agents only to sign tier 2/3 FAs for 25-50% markup and term and hinder the Canucks for another 5-6 years.

I'm thinking Gardiner and Ferland. I shudder to imagine the cap hit and term Benning is ready to offer them.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Can't wait to miss out on all the premier free agents only to sign tier 2/3 FAs for 25-50% markup and term and hinder the Canucks for another 5-6 years.

I'm thinking Gardiner and Ferland. I shudder to imagine the cap hit and term Benning is ready to offer them.
You are problem right. Gardiner is a LHD and we need a RHD so it makes no sense to get him, so how much are we signing him too?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
It would be a lot easier to be buyers in the free agent market if there wasn’t $20 million tied up in Eriksson, Sutter, Schaller, Gudbranson and Beagle eh?

But according to the Benning lovers the cap hit doesn't matter because we're "rebuilding". Jebus.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
You are problem right. Gardiner is a LHD and we need a RHD so it makes no sense to get him, so how much are we signing him too?

I'm of the belief they will botch Edler negotiations, fail to trade him, then let him walk in an attempt to get younger and sign Gardiner.

As for term, no idea. Probably a Benning special 6M/6YR deal.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I do not think the Canucks will land any of the top 3....

Panaran, Karlsson or Stone. too rich for the Canucks.. Botchford says they are interested big time in Ferland and he keeps talking about Simmonds.

Botchford said last night that he hears Simmonds looking for a 5yrs -$25 million.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
What is this incredible young care (I assume core) that you speak of?

We have EP and a bunch of nice but not great pieces after that.

You need to expand your vocabulary if that defines incredible for you.

Pettersson , Boeser , Horvat , Gaudette , Hughes very soon, Demko another high draft pick this year most likely , plus you have Juolevi and Dahlen coming next year too.

Plus don’t forget we also have another very good prospects coming in Dipietro, Woo, Madden , Lockwood , Lind etc (Yes Lind has struggled in the AHL but with a player of his level of talent he will eventually turn it around .

Last offseason TSN ranked is with the second best Prospect Pool in the NHL and behind only Buffalo and now that Dahlin and Middlestadt have graduated and with the Sabres trading Guhle today to Anaheim we might have the #1 farm system.

There is so much to be optimistic about to too see that this team is about to turn the corner . For a team that has been in the playoff race all season with minimal talent . And we still have lots of great young players coming .

We could be a dark horse next season and if we keep playing like we are with the injuries we might luck out and get more than a top 10 pick but a higher one

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Can't wait to sign Simmonds/Ferland and Gardiner to stupid ass contracts.

Some weird "rebuilding" moves.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
You're right was thinking of Tanev.

Regardless, Sutter only has a modified Ntc which will help
Help what? His value is trash now anyways. He should have been moved last summer when there were teams inquiring.

How the f*** can this same thing happen time after team and people keep excusing Benning!?!?!

giphy.gif

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Botchford mentioned he's heard Simmonds as a possibility and I want absolutely nothing to with a 30 year old power forward who will be looking to make his last big paycheck.

Unfortunately, these are the ones we usually get.

#Beagle #Eriksson #Roussel

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Can't wait to sign Simmonds/Ferland and Gardiner to stupid ass contracts.

Some weird "rebuilding" moves.
it will be the Eriksson press conference all over again

"are you concerned about giving so much term?"

"NO because like you know we think he will be good for the entire contract. you know like he's in really good shape and work hard and stuff"

Benning doesn't seem to grasp how badly power forwards age. This is the guy willing to hand Lucic a 7 year deal. Everyone could see his obsession with Lucic heading into that summer and it will be no different than the obsession with Ferland. You just pray somebody pulls a Chia and signs him so we dont have to eat that anchor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad