Rumor: Friedman: Canucks have shown interest on Marcus Johansson and Andrei Burakovsky

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Baertschi long-term injury and Goldy's wobbly development path has made finding a decent, young scoring left-winger a priority. So I could see the Canucks having some interest in Burakovsky.

But he's been on a wobbly development path of his own with the Caps and has been a healthy scratch a few times. Another talented player who's never broken through, and is now 23.

If the Canucks could do something around Brandon Sutter or Marcus Granlund, I'd be OK with it. But please, no draft picks!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Instead of Johannson, how bout Miles Wood? I could live with Burakovsky if we, say, as much as i like him, trade Goldobin for him. Johannson just doesn't make sense on so many levels, starting with the cost, which will be a 2nd rounder+.
Don't we have a ton of Miles Woods? The bottom 6 is loaded. Do we really need another one? I'd consider Wood for Granlund/Goldobin, but we are clogged up in the bottom 6 as is.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
No to either of these guys. We need actual talent. Quit hunting in the bargain bin hoping for a unicorn.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jimbo
No to either of these guys. We need actual talent. Quit hunting in the bargain bin hoping for a unicorn.
Jimbo can't help himself. I think a big part of the problem is that he watches a lot of these guys playing and dominating in their amateur leagues and gets enamored with them. And for some reason he blocks out or rationalizes away their erratic development as pros.

So when another NHL GM is at the point where he needs to dump a former high draft pick, the Canucks are only a phone call away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad