Friedman: Friedman and Marek - 'If the Canucks decide to move Schenn they will receive a lot'

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek, noted Vancouver shills. Said the Rangers were all over JT Miller to drive up his value, the Rangers were never in on him lmao. This is more of the same stuff.
HAHAHAHAHA you actually think that Marek and Friedman, both in Ontario, are Vancouver shills? HAHAHAHA and you also believe they intentionally drove up Millers value for the Canucks? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG some people on here are delusional, absolutely delusional.

Our own media people (not Marek or Friedman) said the Rangers wanted JT but weren't willing to go high enough for us, who the f*** knows for sure. I can guarantee you though that Marek and Friedman aren't proposing trades on behalf of teams to drive up value. Come on man.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
It’s actually based on about 5 or so games ago. He averaged about 16:30 a game. Canucks have been dealing with in-game injuries to their defensemen and that’s elevated his ice time. There’s also the odd factor of when Stillman plays, Schenn plays more, when Burroughs plays, Schenn plays less. Stillman has been playing, and he’s very bad, so Schenn’s ice time has climbed. You can see this if you look at the Canucks defensemen average TOI, Schenn is only above Stillman but 6th overall.

Regardless, on a playoff team you wouldn’t want him playing much more than 16-17 minutes. He lacks foot speed and can get exposed by fast players.

Overall, has been excellent though. Strong as an ox, actually good at moving the puck out of the zone efficiently, let’s his partner cheat offensively, and is a leader in the locker room.
I'm confused. Where are you sourcing these stats from?

Schenn's average icetime is 17:42 and has played under 16 minutes in a game just twice this year. One of which he spent a quarter of the game in the penalty box. Is it possible you are looking at 5v5 icetime?

Also your guess is as good as mine as to why Stillman plays over Burroughs. Canucks fans have been collectively losing our minds over Stillman getting icetime and I doubt it's going to stop anytime soon since he somehow came out of that trainwreck of a game against Montreal with 2 points and +3.

For what it's worth, while the icetime isn't there, you'd be hard pressed to find any Canucks fan that would prefer either Stillman or Burroughs on the ice over Schenn. Hell, most Canuck fans would prefer Schenn on the ice over OEL and Myers but we ain't coaching so not much we can do there.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Friedman and Marek on the Marek show:

Friedman hints and speculates that Rutherford is getting alot of calls on Schenn

Also some paraprhasing quotes

Marek- "The way Schenn plays is valued and treasured by every team in the NHL."

Friedman " every team trying to win a Stanley Cup will want this guy"

It seems Schenn's value is at an all time high.... should the Canucks trade him now whether they are in a playoff hunt or not?

Auction would probably start at 2nd round pick.

Then way, way pass

Before this I wouldn't want him (back)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
HAHAHAHAHA you actually think that Marek and Friedman, both in Ontario, are Vancouver shills? HAHAHAHA and you also believe they intentionally drove up Millers value for the Canucks? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG some people on here are delusional, absolutely delusional.

Our own media people (not Marek or Friedman) said the Rangers wanted JT but weren't willing to go high enough for us, who the f*** knows for sure. I can guarantee you though that Marek and Friedman aren't proposing trades on behalf of teams to drive up value. Come on man.
Proposing deals? Who said that, if you’re referring to what the other poster who responded to me mentioned, that supposed offer was for EICHEL LMFAO. You’re over here like LoLz StOoPiD RoNgOs fAnS when you’re getting info from people who don’t even have their story straight. Maybe you need to try decaf or something.

Friedman and Marek kept insisting the Rangers were in on Miller when they weren’t.

This is nothing but trying to drive Schenn’s price up. If the Canucks find someone stupid enough to pay a 1st like Florida was dumb enough for Chiarot, then good for them, but this follows a trend thats pretty easy to see. Sorry if that gets your panties in a twist.

I don't remember anything suggesting they were in on Eichel.
The Rangers?

They were linked heavily to Eichel. That exact deal you mentioned Drury scoffed at when Adams said that’s what he wanted for Eichel.

You can check the threads on here and all over social media. It was listed in an article in The Athletic.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
No doubt. Teams tend to get burned overpaying for defenders every trade deadline these days.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Proposing deals? Who said that, if you’re referring to what the other poster who responded to me mentioned, that supposed offer was for EICHEL LMFAO. You’re over here like LoLz StOoPiD RoNgOs fAnS when you’re getting info from people who don’t even have their story straight. Maybe you need to try decaf or something.

Friedman and Marek kept insisting the Rangers were in on Miller when they weren’t.

This is nothing but trying to drive Schenn’s price up. If the Canucks find someone stupid enough to pay a 1st like Florida was dumb enough for Chiarot, then good for them, but this follows a trend thats pretty easy to see. Sorry if that gets your panties in a twist.

The Rangers?

They were linked heavily to Eichel. That exact deal you mentioned Drury scoffed at when Adams said that’s what he wanted for Eichel.

You can check the threads on here and all over social media. It was listed in an article in The Athletic.

What language is this? What the shit is a Rongo's fan?

Well many well informed people said the Rangers were in on JT and our insiders (not Marek or Friedman), along with Rangers insider(s), said the offer wasn't enough for the Canucks, or at least insinuated it, this is what most of us understand, not sure how you missed that. So what, that was the offer for Eichel, does that mean it coulnd't have been the offer for Miller too? Guess you have a better source within the Rangers org. than actual professionals?

The absolute level of delusion it would take to believe that SN reporters (not even team specific ones) would launch a campaign to deliberately drive up a players value is completely and totally laughable

By the way, we all know Schenn ain't getting a 1st, comparing this Chiarot is dumb, it was a totally different draft.

Last edited:

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
This is stupid. Why do we have to retain everytime we trade when we actually need cap space to re-sign guys? You like dead cap space?
Well Jack you know, being a great hockey fan and all, that Schenn is a UFA this summer, and so the retention is only until the end of this season. So this does not affect any future contracts.........also, the retention increases the amount of teams bidding for Schenn at the TDL. But you know that.

I am sorry for being so stupid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad