Friedman: Friedman and Marek - 'If the Canucks decide to move Schenn they will receive a lot'

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Friedman and Marek on the Marek show:

Friedman hints and speculates that Rutherford is getting alot of calls on Schenn

Also some paraprhasing quotes

Marek- "The way Schenn plays is valued and treasured by every team in the NHL."

Friedman " every team trying to win a Stanley Cup will want this guy"

It seems Schenn's value is at an all time high.... should the Canucks trade him now whether they are in a playoff hunt or not?

Auction would probably start at 2nd round pick.

Last edited:

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I buy it. Two-time cup champ with the Lightning, couple of strong seasons with Van, all-time hit leader for whatever that's worth.

Proven veteran right-handed defensive defensemen are always in demand at the deadline. Plus at only $850,000, contenders can actually fit him in.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
It's 2009 all over again.

I feel like this is a guy Edmitten should add. I'd like him in Detroit but they are nowhere near contention and that's probably what he wants to do.

• Haha
Reactions: HabsQC

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Be careful. Chiarot was acquired to be a Top 4 defenseman. The year before, defensemen of Schenn’s style for the 3rd pairing went for meh (Hakanpaa) to nothing (Gudbranson) returns at the end.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I buy it. Two-time cup champ with the Lightning, couple of strong seasons with Van, all-time hit leader for whatever that's worth.

Proven veteran right-handed defensive defensemen are always in demand at the deadline. Plus at only $850,000, contenders can actually fit him in.

Yes he is all time hits leader but you dont even need to look outside the scope,

This year , right now, he is 2nd in the league in hits with 108. Deslaurier leads the league with 114

Schenn is straight up an eraser on the blue line.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
"Treasured and marveled" might be some of the most egregious hyperbole I've seen in some time.
Big RHD, very cheap contract, hits like a mack truck, great leader, how is that not treasured and marveled by teams looking to make a playoff push?

He didn't say Schenn was a stud RHD or anything.

Reactions: Jojalu and hurdemz

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
33 years old? Seems like he’s been around forever. I thought he was older tbh.
He’s a bit of a throwback style who hits a lot and mostly stays at home so works well with Hughes. Would be a great add for most contending teams.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Big RHD, very cheap contract, hits like a mack truck, great leader, how is that not treasured and marveled by teams looking to make a playoff push?

He didn't say Schenn was a stud RHD or anything.
Treasured and marveled and Schenn don't belong in the same sentence. I'm not knocking the player. He's useful and doesn't a lot of the dirty work, but those verbs are a massive reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad