Post-Game Talk: Fri. Oct. 4th, 2019: The Battle of the Russian goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
is Kuzy going to C the Vrana/Oshie duo when he is done his suspension?

if so Vrana is on target to have a monster year, you can see that he has clearly turned a corner and is ready to bust out
Probably yes. But I wouldn't be surprised if the lines are a bit shuffled to share the goal-scoring wealth.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
It's interesting lurking the Isles board and see them making realizations in real time of things we learned like ten years ago.

They're like, "Varlamov seems to be struggling with rebound control"

It's like watching a movie with people who don't know how it ends, but you do.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I really like the way Samsonov plays the puck, he seems to have a real good feel of when to move it and when the cover. Also looks confident in playing the puck, doesn’t get rushed with it.
Funny, I was thinking he was a bit too casual about playing the puck. But I agree he chooses when to play or cover well.

Reactions: Hivemind

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Lol stephenson get out of here with that missed catch attempt in front of your own net almost own goal

Reactions: Calicaps

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
For the record I hate the way Samsonov's name is pronounced.

I desperately want it to be SamSAnov, but Joe B. is really emphasizing the shit out of the SO.

Reactions: Heath

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I really like the way Samsonov plays the puck, he seems to have a real good feel of when to move it and when the cover. Also looks confident in playing the puck, doesn’t get rushed with it.
I'm quite the opposite. Every time he's touched the puck he hasn't put nearly enough mustard on it, and it's made his D have to rush their next play because the forechecker is on top of them. Moving the puck is one of my biggest areas of concern with Sammy right now. He needs to adapt to the pace of an NHL forecheck.

Reactions: Calicaps

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I'm quite the opposite. Every time he's touched the puck he hasn't put nearly enough mustard on it, and it's made his D have to rush their next play because the forechecker is on top of them. Moving the puck is one of my biggest areas of concern with Sammy right now. He needs to adapt to the pace of an NHL forecheck.

I’ll watch that, I’ve been more watching how fast he decides to move it. Some goalies look like they can’t decide and get jammed up with forecheckers on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad