Post-Game Talk: Fri. Oct. 4th, 2019: The Battle of the Russian goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, aside from the Sutter & Clark injuries not sure they could have had a better start to the season organizationally with The Youth.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
29th ranked farm system my ass
In my opinion it's a stupid stat. Caps haven't been a bottom 10 team for many years, so of course they have the 29th ranked farm system. You can be a bottom 5 team for a long time and collect top picks which makes for a good farm system. Yes, some teams do a better job drafting no matter how good or bad the team is yearly. To me a top ranked farm system is one that can generate regular NHL players on a consistent basis, which makes the team good consistently. Caps have been good at that ever since Ovechkin was drafted and one great player doesn't make the team a consistently winning team. You have to surround with a good supporting cast.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Nice W.
It's a shame to get scored on like this for your first NHL game but it's ok. The most important is the 2 points.

Yes it does, but it is a cool story for the rest of his life.

I know it is insanely early but I am watching other Metro teams and just hoping they don't get points. I was super happy when the Devils collapsed and only got a point in the shootout.

FYI, first tie-breaker is now wins in regulation, so getting it done in 60 minutes means more this season.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I refuse to believe Samsonov's name is pronounced they way Locker and Joe B are saying it. Sam "suh" nov seems like the natural Russian way to say it instead of Sam "so" nov...I'm sure they are right but it just feels wrong.

Yeah, he's SamsOnov.

More to that. Kuzy is KuznetsOv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->