News Article: Freidman: Habs-Hawks Attempted Versteeg Deal Falls Through

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Friedman is freaking lazy. Ask a follow up question you dumb hack! Versteeg tell you he didn't veto over one reason, that mean he did veto the trade over something else.

Friedman is one of the most respected insiders in the business. He's miles ahead of Kypreos and Dreger.

I'd take him at his word. He's in the group that includes MacKenzie and Lebrun.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Friedman is one of the most respected insiders in the business. He's miles ahead of Kypreos and Dreger.

I'd take him at his word. He's in the group that includes MacKenzie and Lebrun.

He is, IMO, better then all the guys listen above.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
also, Bergy himself keeps saying we are a team in freaking transition, why not bring up a youngster instead of bringing in these band-aids that clearly dont work? Even if Therrien will do his best to destroy said youngster, at least we save some money on the cap and there is always HOPE he doesnt destroy said youngster

I don't think any of the youngsters are ready to make an impact right away in the top 6, so Bergevin has been trying to buy development time for McCarron, Scherbak and now Hudon, but it hasn't worked out so far. Briere and Parenteau were mistakes. Who knows, maybe the "band aid" will come from within (Andrighetto, Thomas, Carr), but I'm not sure Bergevin is betting on that.

I have a hard time seeing us pulling the trigger on Frolik/Williams/Beleskey due to our cap situation, so the trade front seems more likely. The C situation can always sort itself out during the season if Galchenyuk breaks out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad