News Article: Freidman: Habs-Hawks Attempted Versteeg Deal Falls Through

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I haven't seen anywhere where Versteeg has some sort of a no trade clause.

Imo, it was just a dumb invented rumor that had no base.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Thank you for killing the deal Versteeg.

60613479.jpg

Versteeg. From healthy scratch to our top 6

BargainBin strikes again.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Must have been plan Z..... I'm glad it failed , not a fan of Versteeg at all. I'd rather see Hudon/Andrighetto/Scherbak get a chance.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
hmmmmm Versteeg has a small cap hit so I think it would have been worth it. If he can put up 15 goals for his cap hit that's solid.

He has a 2.2 mil cap hit. I suggested in another thread that versteeg fits the mould of a bergevin type move, so I'm not surprised that they took a run at him.

If nothing else, this should signal that they are looking to improve their forward situation, despite the message that is said to the media.

Versteeg has some question marks obviously but I'd prefer him to PAP.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
If Versteeg was to be acquired it's because we need an insurance policy in case Scherbak/Hudon/Andrigettho/Carr are not ready.

void

Jan 5, 2006
we havent heard bergevin ever mention versteeg or beleskey from his own mouth, so, this is all skeptical. this is all people who have nothing to talk about since the cup was won.

lets relax.

Yeah, you're right. The only thing we heard from Bergevin's mouth is that he's already comfortable with he roster he has and that his July 1st already happened (Petry, Mitchell).. :help:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Yeah, you're right. The only thing we heard from Bergevin's mouth is that he's already comfortable with he roster he has and that his July 1st already happened (Petry, Mitchell).. :help:

Then he bought out Parenteau a day later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad