Free Agents and Trade Thread- Part VIII - Calm Before the Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
If you could get a Hamonic (and I've heard he can be had for less than he got last year) and another middle tier RD, I'd feel more confident.

Or they pay with assets and picks to get a 1st. pairing RD when they miss out on the top free agent.
Plan 1 - Pietrangelo

Plan 2 - Assets for one of Parayko, Ekblad, Manson, Dumba, Ristolainen, Severson, C. Murphy

Plan 3 - Hamonic + Gudas/Demelo/Jensen(Sal. Ret.)

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
he's not super young, he's 21 and has 3 seasons at the AHL level
also i'd move Dermott

Reilly/FA
Sandin/Lil
Muzzin/Holl

then if the team is at a competing spot around trade deadline bring in a vet D and push Holl/Lil to 7th

I mean by all standards he's put up some of the best AHL numbers for a player his age and position. He's still very young having just turned 21 this year.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I would really just trade Marner to NJ for Hughes and Severson and then sign AP.
Follow by trading Kerfoot to TB for Cirelli rights and sign him for 5mil/7yrs.
AJ to Sens for Brown and picks.
Also sign Simmonds and Spezza for 800k

Hyman-AM-WN
Hughes-JT-Robertson
Soup-Cirelli-Brown
Engvall-Spezza-Barabanov
Simmonds

MO-AP
Muz-Severson
Dermott-Holl

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
If you could get a Hamonic (and I've heard he can be had for less than he got last year) and another middle tier RD, I'd feel more confident.

Or they pay with assets and picks to get a 1st. pairing RD when they miss out on the top free agent.
Hamonic has been bad 4 of the last 5 seasons. ...he also has health concerns, but, the Leafs have been linked to him a few times, but, i hope they stay away

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
also i'd move Dermott

Reilly/FA
Sandin/Lil
Muzzin/Holl

then if the team is at a competing spot around trade deadline bring in a vet D and push Holl/Lil to 7th

From a NHL D man perspective, that's pretty young, and more importantly, not enough NHL experience.

Sandn/Lil as a second pairing, isn't going to cut it... at all... not even as a third pairing. Heck, at this point, they shouldn't be a NHL pairing at all.

Ideally, we need two additional RD guys, who can defend, and have some physicality.

Reactions: kb

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
also i'd move Dermott

Reilly/FA
Sandin/Lil
Muzzin/Holl

for a defender 21 is super young!! there are only 4 1999 b-day dmen that have played more games than Lili in the league

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I think there's a strong possibility that the leafs do not make any major moves or even additions.

Muzzin-Holl
Rielly-TVR
Dermott-Lehtonen

That's it. Be prepared for it.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
also i'd move Dermott

Reilly/FA
Sandin/Lil
Muzzin/Holl

21 is super young for a defenseman.

I just don't see the point spending 3 years in developing Lilly and then trading him the year he looks to be able to actual make the roster full time.

Doubt Dubas does something like that, unless it is a deal you can't refuse.

Reactions: kb

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Dubas would be raked if that is his solution to fix the D.
I'm a big Dubas supporter but if that is the D going in to the year, then he needs to be prepared to face the consequences.

If the team happens to perform, then yay for us and good on him. But I can't say with much confidence that we would see improved results with a D core like that. And if that's the case, he would need to be ready to face the music.

Reactions: ToneDog

kb

Aug 28, 2009
also i'd move Dermott

Reilly/FA
Sandin/Lil
Muzzin/Holl

So it's the equivalent of a CHL drafted D-men finishing out his junior career, and just completing his first AHL season? C'mon now....

Leaf fans are totally clueless when it comes to evaluating D-men. It's why Morgan Rielly is the only Leaf D-man this century to be drafted, developed, and kept. They are mercifully traded because they have to hear non-stop how shit they are from the clueless media, and even more clueless fans.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think there's a strong possibility that the leafs do not make any major moves or even additions.

Muzzin-Holl
Rielly-TVR
Dermott-Lehtonen

That's it. Be prepared for it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there's only one addition to the blueline as well. I'd just hope for that addition to ideally be a bit more of an impactful one. That would be particularly true if the idea is to pair him with Rielly.

horner

May 22, 2007
I would really just trade Marner to NJ for Hughes and Severson and then sign AP.

Hyman-AM-WN
Hughes-JT-Robertson
Soup-Cirelli-Brown
Engvall-Spezza-Barabanov
Simmonds

MO-AP
Muz-Severson
Dermott-Holl

Tampa bay matches

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004

Hyman-AM-WN
Hughes-JT-Robertson
Soup-Cirelli-Brown
Engvall-Spezza-Barabanov
Simmonds

MO-AP
Muz-Severson
Dermott-Holl
a 5million 3rd line C is your idea? ...we got rid of Kadri to make up cap space and you replace him by spending even more $$

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
also i'd move Dermott

Reilly/FA
Sandin/Lil
Muzzin/Holl

21 for a defender is not young for you?? Jake muzzin didn't make the NHL until he was 23. It would have been dumb to move Muzzin at 21 years old and would backfire.

Defenders take longer, same point about Dermott. He is still young with room to grow.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Hamonic has been bad 4 of the last 5 seasons. ...he also has health concerns, but, the Leafs have been linked to him a few times, but, i hope they stay away

Not a lot of good pickins around $4mm as UFA.

I'd be okay if they moved assets for a good one.

Holl cannot be on the top line, now if Cliffy was still in charge he might have his Fingers all over this one.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hoping the sens are interested in Andersen/AJ.

Would be looking at one of their 2nd round picks and prospects like

Batherson/abramov/formenton/norris/balcers/L.brown as potential pieces. A couple are probably too high end players to move but a guy like

abramov/balcers+2nd could be a deal for Andersen if Melnyk wants to save costs and get a good goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad