F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
tenor.gif

Off-season madness pending.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
@SeaOfBlue
Sorry I should have been more clear. The article was him ranking the Leafs assets and chances they are dealt. He has Johnsson as a 65% of being dealt but didn't post any rumor about him. I only posted the players which had some rumor to them in the article.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Just reading through Athletic.

I think moving Engvall would be a minor-mistake. I get the contract point of view Mirtle's been pushing, but Engvall's been a slow rolling guy at every level. I just think he needs more NHL seasoning to grow into his role. I'd probably keep Gautheir around too if he comes cheap (which he should).

Nick Jensen could be a good add on cheap if Washington's looking to shed salary. He's strong defensively. Moderate salary. Not solving your top-four issues though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I think moving Engvall would be a minor-mistake. I get the contract point of view Mirtle's been pushing, but Engvall's been a slow rolling guy at every level. I just think he needs more NHL seasoning to grow into his role. I'd probably keep Gautheir around too if he comes cheap (which he should).

Nick Jensen could be a good add on cheap if Washington's looking to shed salary. He's strong defensively. Moderate salary. Not solving your top-four issues though.

Would add some good depth though. I'd be all over that.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Actually, I don’t think Mo has been mentioned as a liquidation option to gather assets and make a run at Pie.
Just thinking out loud given the paucity of RD compared to LD.
I’d think he’d have insane value given his contract, and there’s always better left side options.
Muzzin, Dermott, Lehtonen still on the left; Pie and Holl on the right.
Increased secondary FA or trade options, big haul on Mo.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

He probably pushes Holl to the 3rd pair, which is good, but he also takes a spot from Dermott or Lehtonen, which is bad.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
He probably pushes Holl to the 3rd pair, which is good, but he also takes a spot from Dermott or Lehtonen, which is bad.
With Muzzin-Holl being an effective pair, he could be the Kempny to Rielly's Carlson. Mobile, low mistake hockey to let Mo drive the game.

Reactions: Menzinger

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
With Muzzin-Holl being an effective pair, he could be the Kempny to Rielly's Carlson. Mobile, low mistake hockey to let Mo drive the game.

I like Jensen, but he is nothing close to a top pairing defenseman.

A defense of Rielly-Jensen, Muzzin-Dermott, Lehotonen-Holl is pretty bad.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I like Jensen, but he is nothing close to a top pairing defenseman.

A defense of Rielly-Jensen, Muzzin-Dermott, Lehotonen-Holl is pretty bad.

Yes.

I feel like to be in the conversation for the cup, you need some pretty special defenseman.

Heiskanen, Lindell and Klingberg....and we saw Hedman, McDonagh, Cernak, Sergachev and a pretty inspired Bogosian/Schenn.

We're nowhere close. Landing someone like Pietrangelo instantly makes the defense all that more credible.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Actually, I don’t think Mo has been mentioned as a liquidation option to gather assets and make a run at Pie.
Just thinking out loud given the paucity of RD compared to LD.
I’d think he’d have insane value given his contract, and there’s always better left side options.
Muzzin, Dermott, Lehtonen still on the left; Pie and Holl on the right.
Increased secondary FA or trade options, big haul on Mo.

I've suggested it before. Rielly could return a substantial package maybe even including another right side defenseman. The Leafs' left side is still passable without Rielly and has some depth. Also, if you're looking for a defense UFA bargain, LHD are going to be more plentiful.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Would you guys be cool with Bozak coming back at 50% retained for like a 4th rounder. Saves the blues from a buy out and saves 2.5 on the cap for them. Play him in the 3rd center role and move Kerfoot for some assets.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Engvall is a pretty unique athlete. Not a lot of NHLers with that kind of wingspan who can motor so effortlessly. I'd keep him around for a couple more years and see if he can expand his role.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Would you guys be cool with Bozak coming back at 50% retained for like a 4th rounder. Saves the blues from a buy out and saves 2.5 on the cap for them. Play him in the 3rd center role and move Kerfoot for some assets.
Naw dont want bozak back. Hes too old to be an effective 3C. Even at 2.5 million hell be a bit overpaid being a low 30 point slow and unphyscial 3C. I'm fine with trading kerfoot but I'd want a youngish 3C like Tierney as the target if we move kerfoot

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I think the idea is to let St. Louis collapse under the weight of their heavy middle class contracts so we can lure their captain home. So no, I don't want to help them on a Bozak deal.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bozak isn't very good defensively, while Kerfoot is pretty solid. I would keep Kerfoot unless we get an upgrade at 3rd C.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Regarding the Spezza talk from the last thread, Koshan said Spezza is interested in coming back at league min a couple days ago. I get Leafs may want to see whats out there and then come to him, but honestly, I would just sign him now and get at least that over with.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Braun
Brodie
Hamonic
Gudas

What contracts are these players expected to get?

Braun I would imagine is something in the 2.5 mill range on a 2 year deal.

Gudas may get 3x3, but I personally think that is an overpayment.

Brodie is getting at least 5x5 IMO. Hamonic may take a shorter term deal for less money, maybe like 3x4.5 mill.

However who knows how stupid teams get. I doubt the Leafs get any of these guys except maybe Braun TBH.

Reactions: realgoodleafs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad