GDT: Free Agent Lull-zy - Summer 2015

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Sharp's still gone, probably. They only have 3M in space and Kruger will take up all of that himself.

Dano's gonna replace Saad offensively, but that's about it. Rest of the return was meh.

Don't like it for Chicago.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
If Franson is looking for 6x6 would you give it to him?

Having Klingberg - Franson - Demers down the right hand side would be pretty nice, then when Demer's contract is up Honka should be ready to move up into the top 6.

Would have to move Daley and likely 1 other.

Goligoski - Klingberg
Nemeth - Franson
Benn/Jokipakka - Demers

Daley traded and one of Nemeth, Benn, Jokipakka, and Oleksiak traded for picks, prospects, or a top 6 winger? I feel like Oleksiak would warrant the best return, yet has proven the least for the Stars. Don't want to give up on him, but there isn't room for everyone.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yeah no to Franson, also Sekera isn't that great. We need another Defensive D man if anything. This team can score no problem, but we need to be able to defend our leads, especially in the 3rd lol

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Yeah no to Franson, also Sekera isn't that great. We need another Defensive D man if anything. This team can score no problem, but we need to be able to defend our leads, especially in the 3rd lol

Give Nemeth a chance to play a full season and I think he'll help this, at least a tiny bit.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I don't want to move Nemeth, I'm very excited to have him. I meant another guy like him. Beauchemin would be one of my targets depending on term and price obv. With two starters on our team I'd love us to have more of a defensive D corps. We've got forwards who can score, and we have Klingberg!

LT

Jul 23, 2010
I don't want to move Nemeth, I'm very excited to have him. I meant another guy like him. Beauchemin would be one of my targets depending on term and price obv. With two starters on our team I'd love us to have more of a defensive D corps. We've got forwards who can score, and we have Klingberg!

Didn't mean move Nemeth :laugh:

I meant he'll help in that regard once he plays a full season.

I'd love Beauche as well, very underrated guy.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
So much craziness out there, I can't tell if it's better to sit on the sidelines and be safe or try to snooker somebody.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Sounds like he wants 5M x 3 years. 4M x 2 years I'd do

I'd be okay with 5M X 3 years. Doesn't affect our cap too much.

Just dump Jordie somewhere, anywhere.

Goligoski - Klingberg
Beauchemin - Daley
Nemeth - Demers
Jokipakka, Oleksiak

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'd be okay with 5M X 3 years. Doesn't affect our cap too much.

Just dump Jordie somewhere, anywhere.

Goligoski - Klingberg
Beauchemin - Daley
Nemeth - Demers
Jokipakka, Oleksiak

Yeah that would be better then last year. Maybe even move Daley out for a bottom six forward and not sign Eaves. Or move Daley for a pick.

I wouldn't mind Nemeth playing with a guy like Beauch. Could be a great mentor for him

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Bieksa supposed to sign with Anaheim, 2 years, ~4M AAV.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
This is truly Christmas in July.

I would be ok with Beauchemin for a decent price, definitely don't see the need to overpay for an average D man today.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
And Bieksa's confirmed. 2 Years, 4M AAV.

Anisimov extends with the Hawks, 5 years, 4.55M AAV... okay...

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Martin, Ward, Beleskey, and Green seem to be drawing the most interest as of now, wide variety of offers for all.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Sounds like the Stars are close to re-signing Eaves, one year contract.

Possibly all we do today.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Already out there, but figured I put it here...

Eaves resigns 1-year/$1.15M

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Beauchemin to Colorado. Damn.

If someone wants to make an Eaves thread, please do. Busy at work and can't spend much time on here at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad