GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I hope no one is expecting the Ducks to do anything today. Maybe a trade, but we’re not signing anyone on the first day of free agency.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Also i hope BM plan isnt to rush Mctavish into the NHL... and basically feed Mctavish Zegras Drysdale comtois with no real supporting cast.

Based on everything we've seen from old Bob in recent years, I believe that this is 100% the case. McTavish will start the regular season in the NHL IMO.

It seems that when the NHL roster isn't doing well, Bob hits the 'call-up button' on whoever happens to be the shiniest new prospect.

Reactions: Getz2noone
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I wonder if that Russo tweet is an indication things are getting closer on an Eichel trade. Certainly doable in Vegas now if Smith is either in the deal or in another one but it's a bit tricky. Ideally you'd think they get a decent backup behind Lehner but that gets a lot harder in that scenario.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Based on everything we've seen from old Bob in recent years, I believe that this is 100% the case. McTavish will start the regular season in the NHL IMO.

It seems that when the NHL roster isn't doing well, Bob hits the 'call-up button' on whoever happens to be the shiniest new prospect.
See i dont mind mctavish getting a 9 game look... but id just hope we have some supporting players around those young guys.

At least go get ritchie back for protection.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
See i dont mind mctavish getting a 9 game look... but id just hope we have some supporting players around those young guys.

At least go get ritchie back for protection.
Has Ritchie ever played that role or showed any interest in it? Part of the reason he was expendable here in the first place was because he wasn't even all that physical anymore.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
So Cogs and Bones are now re-united in SJ.

One part of me says good for them, but another finds this absolutely revolting.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I f***ing hate having Murray as GM and having to wait to cycle through the trash to find what's left over. Like dude do your f***ing job, we need players to develop our young talent especially if Getzlaf is leaving.

What disturbs me the most is that he's had so much time to prepare for this offseason, more than most GMs anyway. There should be no way that 'the market was too fast for him', or anything like that.

That Buch deal is what really gets on my nerves. If Seravalli was correct in saying that NYR tried to move him for weeks, he should've been involved in that.

Who knows what he's doing, I don't think even he has a clue.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If the Oilers are signing Barrie and Ceci, even if Bear moves out and Klefbom on LTIR, there really isn't a lot of money for Getzlaf. Maybe there doesn't need to be but he surely wouldn't be leaving for money.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
What disturbs me the most is that he's had so much time to prepare for this offseason, more than most GMs anyway. There should be no way that 'the market was too fast for him', or anything like that.

That Buch deal is what really gets on my nerves. If Seravalli was correct in saying that NYR tried to move him for weeks, he should've been involved in that.

Who knows what he's doing, I don't think even he has a clue.
The only way Bob has been negligent or slow is if we haven't been seriously in on Eichel. If we have, all of those other moves would have ended that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad