GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Murray has been suspiciously quiet up to this point. Even if he doesn’t make a big trade, he’s usually one to make a couple smaller ones by now. He definitely has something going on.
I would agree with this. Every sign and indication from him pointed to the exact opposite of this. I still think any transaction that brings in money or involves an actual valuable asset is being held up by eichel if we are indeed still in it.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Murray has been suspiciously quiet up to this point. Even if he doesn’t make a big trade, he’s usually one to make a couple smaller ones by now. He definitely has something going on.

Meh, I think his ideal plan is to wait for the balls to drop in FA before looking to improve/make trades. He will try to add from cap tight teams, and look to trade players to teams who missed out on FA's. Henrique for example is someone I think will be traded once those balls drop.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
I would agree with this. Every sign and indication from him pointed to the exact opposite of this. I still think any transaction that brings in money or involves an actual valuable asset is being held up by eichel if we are indeed still in it.

At this point Murray needs to abandon the Eichel trade. Eichel won't save this franchise. My tolerance of bob is rapidly dropping. Stop playing tiddlywinks with Kevyn Adams and focus elsewhere.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If the Hawks are indeed signing McCabe they will likely be over the cap and have too many defensemen. I imagine at least one of De Haan or Zadorov will be gone.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Awful, why?
We saw Bob making a play for Eichel, we saw him trying to trade for the #1 pick a few days ago, we saw him making the smart decision and not biting on sending Zegras or Drysdale to Buffalo. There was no way for us to keep all of Fleury, Steel and Jones after the entry draft, a decision had to be made. And i don't think the MacTavish pick is that bad, even at #3. If that's who the team wanted, they made sure they got him.

What am i missing?

So far no moves have been made, may lose Getzlaf, there were players who were very affordable that could of help fill the Top 6, and they missed out on them. Although the McTavish pick I think is good for Anaheim it was a weaker draft. There hasn’t been much activity. Sure trying to make moves is nice but when the moves are actually made then it’s something.

If you think this has been a great off season and very productive , well I agree to disagree. Sorry.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
So far no moves have been made, may lose Getzlaf, there were players who were very affordable that could of help fill the Top 6, and they missed out on them. Although the McTavish pick I think is good for Anaheim it was a weaker draft. There hasn’t been much activity. Sure trying to make moves is nice but when the moves are actually made then it’s something.

If you think this has been a great off season and very productive , well I agree to disagree. Sorry.

The only moves I liked are the draft. We lost out on all the quality forwards that went for 2nds and we lost out on Tyler Johnson when we could have unloaded Kesler's contract. I'm normally in the opinion of waiting, but we're actively losing out on quality players or picks. And for what, Jack? Cool, let's sell the farm to get a center with a busted neck.

Bob you have 2 hours to get Getzlaf before someone else snatches him and treats him right with linemates better than f***ing Jiri Sekac, Pat Maroon, or Rene Borque.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Anyone else getting the feeling that the Ducks are intentionally tanking?
Not in on anyone to improve the team, Getzy is likely gone, looking to move Henrique.

I have a feeling that presentation Bob made to ownership was to get them onboard with a full tank this year.

Reactions: Trojans86

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not in on anyone to improve the team, Getzy is likely gone, looking to move Henrique.

I have a feeling that presentation Bob made to ownership was to get them onboard with a full tank this year.
If we were intentionally tanking

Gibson/rakell/lindholm/manson would likely be moved, those are the pieces that are going to stop us from being top 3 pick next year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

a little. If we don’t make any big moves (signings or trades) soon, then I’d say it was a given. Frankly that’s pretty god damn frustrating if true. It’s at least 3 years too late for that presentation

Reactions: Getz2noone

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

We will revisit this once the offseason is over. There's still lots of time. Could be the same song and dance as the last few years, or one splash could change things. Time will tell.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly sounds like only Us Rangers and vegas are still in it

Krebs hague 1st and smith seems relatively easy to beat from our perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad