GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If that’s all it took to get Eichel, a team would have done it ages ago. An overpaid top 4D, a borderline top 6 forward, a promising goalie and a 1st? Only problem being the cap doesn’t work.
Cap works quite well.
We take on less than a million more in cap
9.275 vs 10
But you're right the value would never get you Eichel.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
You still have to replace 2 of those players on top of adding to the cap. Also you can’t count Oettinger as saved cap, he’s not against the cap if khudobin and Bishop are playing anyway.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You still have to replace 2 of those players on top of adding to the cap. Also you can’t count Oettinger as saved cap, he’s not against the cap if khudobin and Bishop are playing anyway.
You have to replace 1 of them (lindell) eichel replaces Gurianov and as of right now we have 5.8m in space with oettinger on the roster.
Or 6.7 without.
So without oettinger it is 8.3 vs 10
Or 5m in space post trade
Depending on the suter situation, it's a league min defensive dman to replace lindell or Slightly better

Reactions: Captain Awesome

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Dont over analyse it guys, thought id throw a bit of a tongue in cheek proposal after seeing the rumoured deal to Vegas which seemed underwhelming.

Where not in the Eichel market.

Bit of fun before watching todays madness
Must analyze it to death

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
If that’s all it took to get Eichel, a team would have done it ages ago. An overpaid top 4D, a borderline top 6 forward, a promising goalie and a 1st? Only problem being the cap doesn’t work.

I will bet you any amount that the return Buffalo gets for Eichel isn’t even close to this. I wouldn’t do this from a Stars standpoint at ALL.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I will bet you any amount that the return Buffalo gets for Eichel isn’t even close to this. I wouldn’t do this from a Stars standpoint at ALL.

If you weren't a random stranger on the internet, I'd take the bet.

This is really well done by the Avs. It's probably still too much for what he is, but it buys you 3 or 4 good years of Landeskog at a reasonable price.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
By all means, remind me.

Seguin and Spezza are both from Toronto

Stamkos is also from Toronto

their last names all begin with the letter 'S'

the Dallas Stars hockey team name also begins with the letter 'S'

Stamkos was supposed to sign with the Dallas Stars

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

But of course. My bad.

Seriously though: If Nill and Co. ever pursued Stammer (in the same manner they did say, Tavares) then they're far stupider than I thought.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Wait, i thought because his first name Also started with an S, that the Rule of S named players didn't apply for stamkos?

Kind of like a double negative of S

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
But of course. My bad.

Seriously though: If Nill and Co. ever pursued Stammer (in the same manner they did say, Tavares) then they're far stupider than I thought.

Why

Stamkos was one pajama photo away from leaving Tampa, everyone knows it

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Concerning the (reported) Hyman, Danault, and Coleman, etc. contracts—it's as if GMs really can't help themselves this time of year. They reek of desperation.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Concerning the (reported) Hyman, Danault, and Coleman, etc. contracts—it's as if GMs really can't help themselves this time of year. They reek of desperation.
it's every year. unless there's some mitigating factor, you're going to overpay for free agents. such is the nature of a bidding war.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad