GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Feels like tomorrow deserves a thread, and with the reports starting to come out I figured I'd start it tonight

Free agent signings can begin tomorrow at 11 a.m. I believe.

Here are just some of the current rumors on potential destinations:

Hamilton - Devils?
Suter - Dallas, Isles
Parise - Isles?
Mike Reilly - Boston (3x3)
Danault - Vegas?
Getzlaf - Montreal, Dallas, Boston, Edmonton
Virtanen - Carolina?
DeAngelo - Carolina?
Yandle - Flyers (*CONFIRMED - 1x$900k*)
Raanta - Carolina
Bunting - Toronto
Martin Jones - Toronto
Ho-Sang - Toronto
Luke Schenn - Canucks
Schwartz - Seattle
Perry - Tampa, Montreal
Palmieri - Isles
Foligno - Toronto, Minnesota
Savard - Montreal
Montour - Florida (*CONFIRMED - 3x3.5m*)

Still to be seen:
Landeskog
Hoffman
Grubauer
Barrie
Coleman
Krejci
Saad
Tuukka Rask
Granlund
Tatar
Goligoski
Ryan Murray
Mrazek
Bonino
Cizikas
McCabe
Janmark
Wennberg
Kahun
Forbort
Hakanpaa
Halak
Frederik Andersen
Haula
Gusev
Vatanen
Bozak
Dzingel
Stepan
Staal
Edler
Chara
Sorenson
Hinostroza
Donato
Ullmark

Bunch of others as well.

Last edited:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
He's going to need to maintain playing at a Top 4 level for a few years .... probably at least 3 ... to make that contract worth it.

The one thing Saad that was interesting was the team wasn't locked into playing Suter with Heiskanen if he fits better with Klingberg.

Moving Lindell now before his NMC kicks in would not necessarily be a bad move.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Don't know how reliable this source is but Edmonton is obviously listed as a potential destination

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
2016 - miss out on signing Stamkos. Sign Hudler/Korpikoski/Hamhuis

2017 - sign Radulov/Pitlick/Hanzal

2018 - miss out on signing Tavares. Sign Comeau/Polak. Bring back Nichushkin.

2019 - sign Pavelski (3x7M), Perry, Sekera. Bought out Nichushkin.

2020 - re-sign Faksa/Hintz/Gurianov/Khudobin/Sekera. I like where the team is at.

2021 - Suter? No room to do anything? I like where the team is at???? Everyone around us is getting better??????

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
2016 - miss out on signing Stamkos. Sign Hudler/Korpikoski/Hamhuis

2017 - sign Radulov/Pitlick/Hanzal

2018 - miss out on signing Tavares. Sign Comeau/Polak. Bring back Nichushkin.

2019 - sign Pavelski (3x7M), Perry, Sekera. Bought out Nichushkin.

2020 - re-sign Faksa/Hintz/Gurianov/Khudobin/Sekera. I like where the team is at.

2021 - Suter? No room to do anything? I like where the team is at???? Everyone around us is getting better??????

I found all the failed backups he signed before Khudobin, I didn't have the heart to list them. Plus, that doesn't even count the ones he traded for, like Thomas.

Pavelski and Radulov are both excellent signings, so at least when he swings big it has worked out well. It's just everything else that doesn't really move the needle.

If he signs Suter to 4x4 or something like that, that's automatically a terrible signing. How the hell are you not using signing bonuses to get that number down, also 4 years is just stupid, let someone else make that mistake.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We sadly need to sign Suter just to keep pace with teams around us, let alone improve....
what a shit show

Last edited:
Reactions: Zapp

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
This doesn't make any sense at all ....

I was starting to let my guard down on Pagnotta as a legit source possibly ... but this makes no sense.

Everyone else said they brought in McCann so that they could be certain that either McCann or Kerfoot was still on the team after the expansion.

If David is correct ... and they're trying to move Toronto ... the Leafs are absurd. WTF would you give up assets on a guy and not protect him just to trade the guy any way you didn't want to lose?

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
How much cap space does Dallas have? This forum is saying around 5-6mil and I just listened to Garrett Jones podcast and he said 10mil. He als said he hopes Dallas offers Coleman 7 a year on a long term deal. I hope that is never true. Really expensive 3rd line player if that is the case.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
How much cap space does Dallas have? This forum is saying around 5-6mil and I just listened to Garrett Jones podcast and he said 10mil. He als said he hopes Dallas offers Coleman 7 a year on a long term deal. I hope that is never true. Really expensive 3rd line player if that is the case.
that has to be under the assumption of shedding a contract(s) through ltir or trade. as currently constructed, 10M is better than a cocaine high.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Thank f***ing god. This will remove the temptation for Nill to re-sign Cogliano.

BYE_FELICIA.jpg

Reactions: Zapp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad