GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Headed to port aux basques or st. Johns?

To Corner Brook from Gander :laugh:

Family member was in hospital not doing well so did the 24 hour trip out and heading back home this afternoon to cash in on some Canada Day celebrations.

Also the Bruins board had a discord chat set up so I have a feeling that's where they're talking about the Stastny deal.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It would be interesting in my mind to see a poll among Avs fans about whether they would want a Karlsson trade that involved Ottawa's 2019 first pick, plus Cale Makar, plus more, or if they would prefer seeing Karlsson traded elsewhere and hanging to Ottawa's first.

I'd move one of those pieces but not both. Preferably not Makar either but if moving Makar means we get to keep Ottawas 1st I'm on board.

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
I'm guessing Ottawa would want more than they traded Duchene for (from us): 1st + Makar/Girard + Bowers ++

I'd rather gamble on Karlsson hitting free agency next year. Apparently the Karlssons really liked Ottawa so I could see Colorado be an appealing destination. If the Avalanche improve on last year somehow, they'd have as good a chance as any team in the league.

Ideally, Karlsson gets traded to Las Vegas unsigned because I don't think he'd stay there. Las Vegas is about as different from Ottawa as a city can get.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
How confident would you be as a player signing in LV? I wouldn't be. I don't see them duplicating last year at all. That said, Karlsson and Stastny as a 1/2 punch is a good set of centers to build with. Still would be a big question mark for me, but these guys played against them. Maybe I'm out to lunch.

Reactions: pockets

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If that rumored contract is true, Stastny will be overpaid again. Has been for his whole career, quite amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad