GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I guess we're about to find out what Chayka's Plan B is. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Perron.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It would be cool if JVR signing in Philly results in Simmonds going to the desert.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Maybe we can still pursue Kessel if Pitt decides to dump his contract. If there was really money for JVR, the Kessel contract was close to what they were offering right?

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yeah Bucci is saying 5 years at 7 million a year for JVR. I’m assuming that Chayka held firm at 6, if so I think he did the right thing. If Skinner would waive his NMC for us he would arguably be even better...just as good of a goal scorer and three years younger. Plenty of others out there too....I hope we stay away from Perron and Grabner, unless the goal is to sign someone AND trade for someone, and then I guess I’d be more ok with it.

Reactions: kbay

cobra427

May 6, 2012
5x7 for JVR is crazy. Glad we lost out and Chayka didn't go over $6M. Every year we see real dumb UFA signings.
I agree. The CBA way underpays ELC's, underpays RFA's, and way over pays UFA's. Top tier UFA's have a 90% chance of being mistakes, stay away.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Goal scoring wingers are everywhere...top C are not...

Not when you take Strome 3OA and have yet to see him play more than 40 games. We are desperate for goal scorers. and Zadina would have killed two birds with one stone here. Not too mention he was ranked the top 3rd prospect in the world by many in the game.

johnchayka89

Don’t Fail the Plan...
Jun 23, 2018
Scottsdale
www.nhl.com
Unfortunately we have a financial leash.
We are certainly not going to get into a bidding war now. Good news, we are still trying...

It’s all about timing.

As things progress and ticket sales improve, we will be more flexible in free agency.

This is the year that our young core needs to step up and claim their spots and win us some games.
There will still be some holes and that is where free agency comes in.

Reactions: Jakey53

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I don't even know what plan B is at this point. I guess that is Perron, which I am fine with. It is weird b/c he gets off to hot starts with new teams, and then the next year, his early play slows down and he winds up a part of deals. Still think teams wind up giving up on him early, although he may just be that right guy at the right price in trade talks in the past.

It is hard to see what we do at RW - I think that Keller winds up playing on that side if we don't find someone else. My best thought would be to pick up a LW like Perron and maybe one more additional LW like Comeau or Calvert. Depending on what could be available, I am wondering if we could entice Columbus into swapping Bjorkstrand for Perlini.

Perron-Stepan-Keller
Dvorak-Galchenyuk-Panik
Calvert-Strome-Bjorkstrand
Cousins-Kruger-Fischer
Crouse-Archibald

If we could get Columbus to take Crouse in place of Perlini, that may even look better.

Perron-Stepan-Keller
Perlini-Galchenyuk-Panik
Dvorak-Strome-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Kruger-Fischer
Cousins-Archibald

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Frustrating. Though I’m glad we didn’t end up doing 5x7. I’m comfortable with 5 years with lesser dollars or 4 years and 7 mil, but not 5x7 together.

I hope there’s a damn good plan B. I think I’d rather trade for Pacioretty than sign Grabner or Perron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad