Speculation: Free Agent Frenzy Part V: Gorton is on McLeod Nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You’re the town crier pal, I’m just finding it entertaining :)

And that’s why we’re here for entertainment during downtime at the office or perhaps for you school whatever it is. So don’t take things so personally. If you were one of the guys crying we’ve got all summer to make a move then are now crying we’ve got till the trade deadline 7 months from now to make a move well you’re drinking the gorton kool aid. Sorry but he missed a pretty significant window. We are stuck in the 9-12 range once again because he didn’t clean out enough to truly bottom out and he didn’t add a karlsson to truly try and improve. He did nothing.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
I think Spooner probably has actual value and could be moved, but we also have to ice a team that isn't completely depressing garbage. We don't want this turn into Buffalo or Ottawa situation where the team is so bad it sucks the life out of the guys. The rest of those players have no value imo - Gilmour, Staal and Smith.

Hayes I've always been against trading so I'm not upset he's still here. If or when Chytil and Andersson show they're the real deal, then yeah move Hayes but not before.

This is exactly my take on it too, agreed 100%

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
And that’s why we’re here for entertainment during downtime at the office or perhaps for you school whatever it is. So don’t take things so personally. If you were one of the guys crying we’ve got all summer to make a move then are now crying we’ve got till the trade deadline 7 months from now to make a move well you’re drinking the gorton kool aid. Sorry but he missed a pretty significant window. We are stuck in the 9-12 range once again because he didn’t clean out enough to truly bottom out and he didn’t add a karlsson to truly try and improve. He did nothing.

:laugh:

You’re literally the only person on this message board crying. Sometimes doing nothing is better than something. You just get completely bent out of shape whenever anyone points it out, where no one really cares about what you have to say on some things.

And it certainly is entertaining reading your meltdowns

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You need to bottom out in this league and accumulate top 5 picks. For all the Edmonton’s Ottawa’s and Buffalo’s. There’s Washington Pittsburgh Chicago Toronto and Tampa.

We haven’t drafted in the top 5 in how long?

The team we have right now is not a bottom 5 team and it’s not a playoff team. Gorton this summer needed to go one way or the other. He decided to do nothing. Why is that so hard to understand I don’t know. But drafting 10th overall is not going to fix anything.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
:laugh:

You’re literally the only person on this message board crying. Sometimes doing nothing is better than something. You just get completely bent out of shape whenever anyone points it out, where no one really cares about what you have to say on some things.

And it certainly is entertaining reading your meltdowns

You don’t care but you keep responding got it. Lol

By the way you said spooner is a throw in with no value and someone else says actually I think he’s got value and you write I agree 100%. Way to take a stance on something there. You’re a must read for sure lol

Reactions: TheTakedown

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
It’s his job to find a good deal. You’re telling me he can’t find a team that wants Kevin Hayes? That’s crazy. He never gets anyone’s top prospects anyway so that makes it even crazier.

Couldn’t get a pick for spooner? Gilmour?

He failed.

Like me telling my boss I couldn’t find anyone to do business with me this summer. Think he’d say oh ok it takes two to tango. No

I like you, but I'm not sure your comparisons are on point here, the NHL is a closed market that has a cap and a schedule of events outlined by the CBA.

It's a little different than a market that pretty much is boundless in terms of potential buyers and seller, has a pretty much unlimited amount of differing and competing products, and mostly driven by supply/demand, disposable income, revenue, debt.

I don't proclaim everything the Rangers are doing is perfect, but within the realm of what has happened concerning all the other teams, I'm not sure I see any teams out there doing a bunch of stuff where I am like I wish the Rangers were in on that.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I like you, but I'm not sure your comparisons are on point here, the NHL is a closed market that has a cap and a schedule of events outlined by the CBA.

It's a little different than a market that pretty much is boundless in terms of potential buyers and seller, has a pretty much unlimited amount of differing and competing products, and mostly driven by supply/demand, disposable income, revenue, debt.

I don't proclaim everything the Rangers are doing is perfect, but within the realm of what has happened concerning all the other teams, I'm not sure I see any teams out there doing a bunch of stuff where I am like I wish the Rangers were in on that.

I like you too.

Reactions: Off Sides

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
You need to bottom out in this league and accumulate top 5 picks. For all the Edmonton’s Ottawa’s and Buffalo’s. There’s Washington Pittsburgh Chicago Toronto and Tampa.

We haven’t drafted in the top 5 in how long?

The team we have right now is not a bottom 5 team and it’s not a playoff team. Gorton this summer needed to go one way or the other. He decided to do nothing. Why is that so hard to understand I don’t know. But drafting 10th overall is not going to fix anything.
Drafting 10th overall absolutely can fix things if your GM is competent.

And I think this could definitely be a bottom 5 team. The D in particular is horrible.

Reactions: jas and Matt4776

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I happen to think boo has the skillset to be a fantastic 4c. Just needs a chance imho.

I agree. I thought he was doing a good job last season honestly. He can transport the puck, is sound defensively has good size and obviously speed is a huge asset. Just doing those thing, I think he can be a 20-25p center who is defensively responsible. Those guys are getting WAY overpaid as UFA's.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
You don’t care but you keep responding got it. Lol

By the way you said spooner is a throw in with no value and someone else says actually I think he’s got value and you write I agree 100%. Way to take a stance on something there. You’re a must read for sure lol

The value worth making the trade :dunce:

Get a hobby man

Reactions: TheTakedown

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
you keep bring up gilmour...they aren't trying to move him and he has zero value in a trade

I also don't get why Names (who was just resigned) is on this list, or what indicated that Gorton is imminently seeking to move Hayes (vs. resigning him for what should be a reasonable $5m AAV deal) to use as a protection in helping Chytil and Andersson's development. It's easy to break it down one by one but what's the point if it falls on deaf ears anyway.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So none of those guys are going anywhere then

well no it just means that we need to sign them before they can be traded...its pretty common for guys to sign new contracts before they ever get to arbitration anyway

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It’s his job to find a good deal. You’re telling me he can’t find a team that wants Kevin Hayes? That’s crazy. He never gets anyone’s top prospects anyway so that makes it even crazier.

Couldn’t get a pick for spooner? Gilmour?

He failed.

Like me telling my boss I couldn’t find anyone to do business with me this summer. Think he’d say oh ok it takes two to tango. No

I bet you there are a lot of gears in motion that we're oblivious too that are holding back a couple of trades. July 1st was less than 2 weeks ago.

Gorton may not want a pick for Spooner. Or, maybe the pick wasn't worth it. Spooner's value might be higher during the deadline anyway. The guy you're bitching about traded Nash for Spooner +. Ironically, Spooner out-produced Nash after that trade.

Kevin Hayes might not be available. Or, the offers are weak and there's no sense selling an asset for pennies on the dollar. Or there could be a bidding war. You don't know what's going on.

Gorton's job isn't dependent on "making deals". He's not in sales. He's a general manager. My job on the other hand is sales, so your last statement would apply to me, but not to Gorton.

patience-my-son-daniel-meme.jpg

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Would anyone consider signing Matt Read to a 1 year deal similar to what Cody McLeod just got? They can send him down as a vet presence in the AHL where he can be a 2nd/3rd liner who is defensively responsible. If the young players aren't ready and Gorton finds deals for a few guys throughout the year, he can be a 4th liner (similar to Beleskey) if required.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Sure there may be a team that wants Kevin Hayes, but you don’t just give away a 28 goal scoring 2C for scraps.

I'm curious as to Hayes' value around the league.

There's still a big part of me that wonders if his inherent value to the Rangers isn't higher than it is for most other teams. At least until we know Andersson/Chytil/Howden are ready to step into and run with NHL roles.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad