GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Our GM is useless I almost thought it was PG running things today. I mean a second in 2016 for Josh WTF at that point you keep the guy. Malholtra really and Gilbert and not qualifying White ugh ready for another 20 years of no cup you should be.:shakehead
- Upgraded defensively
- Added a piece you can use for trade or in the draft
- Saved money in the process
- Added an excellent faceoff man

Great job by MB today for sure!

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Who would you rather the Habs sign between Moulson or Vrbata if MB was after either?

Vrbata.

he is some ver underrated player around here. think of a 30goals scorer with WHEELS like no one and a deadly release. He carried Phoenix offense for years and IMo has a very good 2way game for an offenive player.

EDIT : sorry ppl I cant type for **** on this iphone

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Our GM is useless I almost thought it was PG running things today. I mean a second in 2016 for Josh WTF at that point you keep the guy. Malholtra really and Gilbert and not qualifying White ugh ready for another 20 years of no cup you should be.:shakehead

I'm so happy about getting rid of Josh Gorges. So happy. I wanted to tell you how happy I was to see him gone.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There's potential and reality. I mean, it's not like he was a PPG in the KHL. Guys that were great at PPG in the KHL or almost PPG are named Brandon Bochenski and Nigel Dawes. So it's all POTENTIAL for Sekac. Not immediate results.

It is encouraging to know that as many as 15 teams were trying to sign him. The NHL is a different story however in terms of talent and speed and it will be a big adjustment in the first year, I am hopeful though, we have a great management team in place and I have faith in this signing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What are you talking about???
Bergevin did good. He re-established balance in our defensive squad. Gilbert is better than Gorges, Weaver brings the same as Gorges. Both are RHDs. This will make Emelin go back to his left side where he is better.
Maholtra is a good 4th line center with strong faceoff skills, which we needed.
We also upgraded from Briere to PAP.

Gorges was going to be moved, he blocked a trade to Toronto. We needed cap space. I don't have an issue with the trade and glad we finally upgraded him.
Give your head a shake.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Only thing you can really complain about is the return on Gorges. Otherwise I think we did pretty well today.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Vrbata.

he is some ver underrated player around here. think of a 30goals scorer with WHEELS like no one and a deadly release. He carried Phoenix offense for years and IMo has a very good 2way game for an offenive player.

Yeah Vrbata for sure.

But Iginla would also be a good option. Big strong goal scorer with leadership and class. Would be a good fit in Montreal but of course depends on what he's looking for.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
so you wanna pay 5mil a year for an 18-20 goal guy, just cause you want something to talk about today?

No, I just say that on July 1st a lot of UFAs receive too much money for what they're actually worth.

I wouldn't mind Vrbata coming our way though, or even better, Iginla. It's just that the market price is high today.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Over the last two days:

IN - Parenteau, Gilbert, Malhotra, Sekac, 2nd Round Pick, 5th Round Pick
OUT - Briere, Gorges, White, Gionta, Murray, Boullion
KEPT - Weaver

We have clearly gotten better and yet people still complain.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Surprised Moulson went back to Buffalo. Thought he'd go with NYI before BUF if he was choosing a former team.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Only thing you can really complain about is the return on Gorges. Otherwise I think we did pretty well today.

People overrate Gorges like crazy around here. 4M for a guy who has zero offense, is not big, not fast, doesn't hit...

Plus his value was kinda ruined given everything that went down.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Amazingly as active as we've been last two days there's still a glaring hole at RW so I think we can all expect 1 more signing unless they give to a rookie which they never do lol

MB will try to make a RW signing, for sure. Whether it materializes or not, well... that's yet to be seen.

I'd think MB would be ready to make a trade for a top 6 RW. I mean, it's our biggest glaring need right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad