GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You have to think Habs have another signing left. Or at least, a trade for a forward.

A lot of people around here like to pile on Pacioretty for not being much of a factor when he's not scoring...

Wait until you have Vrbata hanging around a 5M+ a year...

Why would he get 5+?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Marc Bergevin be like...

73284090.jpg

Man, if I had ever lost faith in MB and his crew.. did last year's trade deadline and the last few days ever fix that. Great job MB even if we're done.

Just need to unload Budaj, and try to get Iginla on the cheap if possible by convincing him we're the right team to win it all.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
People should stop considering Sekac in the starting lineup. Let's wait a little.....don't people remember Brunnstrom?

I doubt he chose MTL over 14 other teams to play in the AHL. I bet he'll be in the starting lineup at the start of the year.

Whether he finishes the season in the starting lineup is a different question...

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Even before adding one more talented forward, and partly through addition by subtraction, this is already an offensively talented team, especially with the likes of Beaulieu and - let's speculate - Sekac making the team as well as Gilbert replacing Gorges.

So, will MT adjust his gameplan accordingly? Will MB nudge him into doing so? If so, that too would be a tremendous development.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
People should stop considering Sekac in the starting lineup. Let's wait a little.....don't people remember Brunnstrom?

Mackenzie himself said we could be seeing him in the top-6/top-9 next year :dunno:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I doubt he chose MTL over 14 other teams to play in the AHL. I bet he'll be in the starting lineup at the start of the year.

Whether he finishes the season in the starting lineup is a different question...

If the guy can't do it, he can't do it. No matter how, where, and why he signed here. He will get his chances during camp. But he will need to bring it. And in the end, you can surely say to go to Hamilton, to kill it there and he could be back in January giving you time to move pieces.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The problem is next year we have Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Bournival, Beaulieu and Tinordi's contract expiring.

Can add Bourque to Moen/Budaj who will likely be gone, also Galchenyuk will likely be moving to centre then so either DD or Plekanec could be moved.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
A lot of people around here like to pile on Pacioretty for not being much of a factor when he's not scoring...

Wait until you have Vrbata hanging around a 5M+ a year...

Lets give 5+ x 3 to Iginla instead, chances are his production would be similar, and at least it won't rub Pacioretty the wrong way.

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Sekac-Plek-RW
Pacc-dd-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-pa
Prust-malholtra-Weise

Emelin-pk
Markov-Gilbert
Beaulieu-weaver

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mackenzie himself said we could be seeing him in the top-6/top-9 next year :dunno:

There's potential and reality. I mean, it's not like he was a PPG in the KHL. Guys that were great at PPG in the KHL or almost PPG are named Brandon Bochenski and Nigel Dawes. So it's all POTENTIAL for Sekac. Not immediate results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad