GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Our GM is useless I almost thought it was PG running things today. I mean a second in 2016 for Josh WTF at that point you keep the guy. Malholtra really and Gilbert and not qualifying White ugh ready for another 20 years of no cup you should be.:shakehead

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
There's potential and reality. I mean, it's not like he was a PPG in the KHL. Guys that were great at PPG in the KHL or almost PPG are named Brandon Bochenski and Nigel Dawes. So it's all POTENTIAL for Sekac. Not immediate results.
You have to figure that he signed here because he was guaranteed a shot at the starting line up. Whether or not he'll stay there...who knows.

The guy had 15 teams after him, don't you think Bergevin had to give him some type of promise?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
There's potential and reality. I mean, it's not like he was a PPG in the KHL. Guys that were great at PPG in the KHL or almost PPG are named Brandon Bochenski and Nigel Dawes. So it's all POTENTIAL for Sekac. Not immediate results.

Exactly, counting on him for production is a huge stretch. Jiri Dopita people.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
You have to think Habs have another signing left. Or at least, a trade for a forward.

Why would he get 5+?

Because that's likely the price you're gonna have to pay on July 1st to sign a top 6 winger with 25-30 goal upside. Pouliot signed for 4M. Gionta for 4.25M.

He could take a discount, but I doubt it.

PricePkPatch*

Our GM is useless I almost thought it was PG running things today. I mean a second in 2016 for Josh WTF at that point you keep the guy. Malholtra really and Gilbert and not qualifying White ugh ready for another 20 years of no cup you should be.:shakehead

You cry a lot for a grown man

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Yes, he could. Or he could just suck. He's not a proven NHL player. We still need a proven top 6 NHL player.

I think we can just go with this :

Patch-DD-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanec-Bournival

And if Sekac is good, then play him in the top 9 over Bournival. It's basically a roll the dice to see if we can get a free top 9 player who's better than what we have. If not then we're not screwed, we're just fine.

Good gamble.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So Robidas 3 year, 3M AAV contract is good but Gilbert's 2 year, 2.8 AAV isn't is what I gather from the threads on the main board. Didn't read the entire threads though. :)

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

:laugh:

Yeah, if improving the team and plugging holes is useless, then MB is super useless. You were probably one of the people who *****ed about the Weise and Weaver acquisitions to.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Amazingly as active as we've been last two days there's still a glaring hole at RW so I think we can all expect 1 more signing unless they give to a rookie which they never do lol

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Really don't see Montreal giving Vrbata the contract he wants at this stage.

I think we get our RW via trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad