GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Eller still carried the play offensively waaaay better than Plekanec this postseason
Plekanec was arguably (with Gallagher) our best forward in the TB series. He was relatively solid against Boston, I think what really hurts him is the NYR series but honestly I don't recall too many forwards shining in that series (Bourque, Galchenyuk are the only ones who come to mind). Plekanec has one role in the playoffs and it's to prevent other team's top lines to score and he did that relatively well. Stamkos wasn't particularly dangerous aside from the first two games and Plekanec carried the team on his shoulder in the first game. Remember he's the one who answered when TB scored the first goal. Give Plekanec some decent wingers (Galchenyuk and Vrbata fit that description) and Plekanec will score at a 0.75PPG rate in the playoffs.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
UFAs must be going crazy today, looks like most GMs are done shopping and gone on vacation.

Jul 2 Rechlicz, Joel RW Minnesota n/a 1
Jul 2 Jokinen, Olli C Nashville $2.5M 1 $2.5M
Jul 2 Downie, Steve RW Pittsburgh $1M 1 $1M
Jul 2 Campbell, Andrew D Phoenix n/a n/a

PricePkPatch*

Plekanec was arguably (with Gallagher) our best forward in the TB series. He was relatively solid against Boston, I think what really hurts him is the NYR series but honestly I don't recall too many forwards shining in that series (Bourque, Galchenyuk are the only ones who come to mind). Plekanec has one role in the playoffs and it's to prevent other team's top lines to score and he did that relatively well. Stamkos wasn't particularly dangerous aside from the first two games and Plekanec carried the team on his shoulder in the first game. Remember he's the one who answered when TB scored the first goal. Give Plekanec some decent wingers (Galchenyuk and Vrbata fit that description) and Plekanec will score at a 0.75PPG rate in the playoffs.

I am not saying you are wrong. but I was talking purely offensively.

Pleky was underwhelming offensively.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Eller still carried the play offensively waaaay better than Plekanec this postseason
That's cause he has a frame built for playoffs. It's no surprise that Eller and Bourque were our top forwards during the playoffs while Pleks, Desharnais struglled as usual. How many times are we gonna have to see that movie again?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Thread's over the limit. Now that the "frenzy" has died down we can continue discussing other team's signings in the Out of Town thread and Habs-related changes in the "Lineup for 2014-15" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad