GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The Jets just gave a similar player in Mathieu Perrault 3 years at $9 million, I doubt we'd get anything of decent value but I wouldn't say Desharnais is unmovable.

I'm telling you... I really really reaaaaaally don't think a single NHL team would want him... And a big reason he got the contract at all is because it t would of pissed off your star scorer if u didn't and because he's French

Its just the way it is

Should bergevin be trying to move DD, absolutely but a return for plekanec would be that much more valuable, but I think bergy signed sekac who's from the same home town as pleks to PLAY with pleks

So this whole center thing is gonna be fixed NEXT off season, Not this one

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm telling you... I really really reaaaaaally don't think a single NHL team would want him... And a big reason he got the contract at all is because it t would of pissed off your star scorer if u didn't and because he's French

Its just the way it is

Should bergevin be trying to move DD, absolutely but a return for plekanec would be that much more valuable, but I think bergy signed sekac who's from the same home town as pleks to PLAY with pleks

So this whole center thing is gonna be fixed NEXT off season, Not this one
You're acting like Desharnais is the worst contact in the league. His contract is like 5% of the cap. It's not a bad contract.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Honest to Christ, are we really going down the 'Plekanec is untouchable' road again?

Nope, no one is untouchable.

I think the point they are trying to make is that DD should be moved before Plekanec, if it came down to it.

anonymous9739872329

May 3, 2006
Around MTL
Honest to Christ, are we really going down the 'Plekanec is untouchable' road again?

No I'm okay with trading him, but if your plan is to give his PK, 2nd PP and icetime responsibilities to Eller, you're gonna have a bad time. I also agree with the DD argument, is there any other great reason for keeping him except not breaking Maxpac's heart?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes he did. He was excellent defensively in the playoffs. But you're biased against him so you were too busy hating on him to see it.

Excellent? I'll concede maybe adequate but excellent.. That's ridiculous. Just because he tries doesn't mean he's successful. He tries in the defensive end but it will never make up for his lack of natural gifts in the defensive zone.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Yes he did. He was excellent defensively in the playoffs. But you're biased against him so you were too busy hating on him to see it.

"Excellent" is a stretch, and you're most certainly biased in favor of him, so it's a wash.

Would you say he was defensively adept enough in the PO, to the point you'd be comfortable trading away Plekanec?

PricePkPatch*

You're right.. He's an elite offensive center.. He got 60 pts.. Irreplaceable.

So, for you, saying that a player is doing more than "barely succeeding" --> HE'S A MOTHER****ER ELITE OFFENSIVE TALENT

Get a grip, and find out what "stupid hyperbole" means, mkay?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...OK, excellent is a humongous stretch...we was better than he has been, well, pretty much ever...which is to say he didn't hurt us defensively...he was nowhere in the same vicinity as excellent...

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
...because exaggerating a position is the best way to move forward a discussion. Good job!

Almost as good as indicating his regular season point totals as the only thing that matters when identifying which center is more integral to the team.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Almost as good as indicating his regular season point totals as the only thing that matters when identifying which center is more integral to the team.

Almost as good as thinking "which center is more integral to the team" is the only factor when evaluating which one you can or should trade.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So, for you, saying that a player is doing more than "barely succeeding" --> HE'S A MOTHER****ER ELITE OFFENSIVE TALENT

Get a grip, and find out what "stupid hyperbole" means, mkay?

Yes.. Barely succeeding. He needs o zone starts.. Majority of powerplay time.. Is sent out against soft match ups constantly.. And is given the teams best wingers.

If you want to go with desharnais and galchenyuk down the middle.. We will struggle.. Cause only one of them will be able to get those favorables.. Do you render desharnais ineffective (as he is in the play offs) or do you force galchenyuk to sink or swim.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY

Less an issue of him being untouchable, and more a question of who would replace his defensive duties?

Eller? Waaaaay to inconsistent thus far to say that w/ any certainty.

Desharnais? Despite his...err..."excellent" defensive performance in the POs, not sure many except TUS would be comfortable with him getting significant defensive minutes

Malhotra? No way he can take on all, or even most, of the minutes Pleks does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad