TSN: FREE AGENT FRENZY!!l!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fuhr*

I'm not expecting much... Sens will be out bid on players cause of budget... Murray will say he tried to spend but come up short compared to other teams... Melnyk will rant about how crazy the contracts are and how any idiot can spend money.

Be a meh day

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Melnyk will rant about how crazy the contracts are and how any idiot can spend money.

Be a meh day

So i guess its bad thing ? We need to overpay to get some players, so we can cry years to come about bad contracts in a team ?
So if in a few hours if Sens make some Clarkson like deal, Melnyk status changes from villain to hero ?
:)

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm not expecting much... Sens will be out bid on players cause of budget... Murray will say he tried to spend but come up short compared to other teams... Melnyk will rant about how crazy the contracts are and how any idiot can spend money.

Be a meh day

I'm optimistic that Murray will find some low end guys that will add depth. I dont expect any big ufas to come here though. I do however expect a non spezza related trade that will invole a dman for a winger plus we need to fill out our ahl roster

The Fuhr*

So i guess its bad thing ? We need to overpay to get some players, so we can cry years to come about bad contracts in a team ?
So if in a few hours if Sens make some Clarkson like deal, Melnyk status changes from villain to hero ?
:)

I don't understand why spending equates to signing David Clarkson

Penner getrdonebryan

Jun 8, 2007
Rou.
I'm hoping for:

-another MacArthur type signing
-let all our UFA's walk(Corvo,Michalek,Hemsky and Kassian)
-a Jason Spezza trade

I'm expecting:

-Kassian re-signing
-one or two depth players on two-way contracts
-No news on Spezza's front whatsoever

16w

Jun 23, 2003
the sens were rumoured to be interested in trading for del zotto last year... now that he's a UFA maybe murray will sign him to bolster our D

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
We will sign Pouliot to a contract that some fans love, some fans will hate. Probably with a limited NTC.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Did you see the list of UFAs? Stastny and Ernhoff are the best of a putrid lot.

And Clarke MacCarthur wasnt the flashy name last year but it was an excellent, under the radar signing. You need to identify a good fit for a role, then sign him, then get lucky.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Resign Ryan MacArthur
Sign Havlat and Anton Volchenkov

Sounds like Byfuglien and Kane are available Murray needs to make that happen

MacArthur Turris Ryan
Kane Lazar Havlat

Methot Karlsson
Byfuglien Ceci
ATrain Philips

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Getting havlat cheap, short might be a great signing. There are tons of people in our fanbase who still revere the guy, and on a team likely short on scoring, he could be a big help. He's still only 33 and there's no doubting his skill. Obviously he's one of the leagues top china dolls, but a healthy havlat for 70+ games on a top line might give us the 25+ goals we'd probably need out of him. A two year, $3mil per and I'd seriously consider doing it.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
My Predictions.

- Spezza gets traded to Dallas.
- We Re-Sign Ryan to 5-8 years
- We Sign Havlat
- Michalek and Hemsky are no longer Ottawa Senators.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
I have a sneaky suspicion we trade Cowen and if we do, we'd have to grab a FA defenceman a la stralman, Boyle, or niskanen.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We will sign Pouliot to a contract that some fans love, some fans will hate. Probably with a limited NTC.

I'm starting to buy into a Pouliot signing.

1. He wants to be here. That's a big plus.
2. He's a guy that believes he can be a top 6 forward if given the chance, and is looking to prove himself. I think he will be highly motivated
3. I don't think he'll get an insane contract. Should be reasonably priced, and could be another steal.

I think the risk is low for him, at 3 mil he's not too expensive for the 3rd line and could be a cheap piece for our top 6.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
sign havlat
sign volchenkov
trade for hossa
sign alfie
re-sign spezza
re-sign ryan
re-sign lehner
re-sign michalek

ryan - spezza - hossa
macarthur - turris - alfie
michalek - zibanejad - havlat
hoffman - smith - condra

methot - karlsson
cowen - ceci
phillips - volchenkov

andy
lehner

bring the our wayward sons back home, bring the cup back home. it's simple logic

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Predictions:

Benoit Pouliot signed for 4 years, 13 million.
Tanner Glass signed for 2 years, 2.6 million.
Methot extended for 5 years, 23.75 million.
Wiercioch traded for Chris Stewart.
Couple depth guys signed for Bingo (Mike Blunden, Matt Corrente, Trevor Smith)

No Spezza trade or Ryan extension.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
I love a-train to bits, but we have absolutely no business signing him. He'd do nothing but clog up the development of a younger d-man, and at his age and the damage done to his body, he wouldn't be a player we could win with. One of my all time favourite sens, but his time here is passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad