TSN: FREE AGENT FRENZY!!l!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It did and I was unhappy to hear that.

Why the heck are we trying to add when clearly this team can't compete and needs to re-build from the bottom up.

Trying to squeak into 8th at all costs.

If it helps convince Ryan to stay then this can only be a good thing

Also

Murray said he was done with free agency so don't expect us to sign anybody else today.

Hopefully the trade happens before the end of the day so we can end with some positive news

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
sounds like a player in the 4mill range and not a center 'necessarily'

ROR is going to make 6mill+ so i dont think it is him. Stewart fits the bill.

Kane makes 5.2mill so might not be him either

We have absolutely nothing to offer for Kane or ROR outside of Karlsson and our top line. It is best to set expectations about 4 or 5 notches lower.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if its just prospect then it sounds like buffalo

stewart maybe stafford? but they also need to reach the cap floor so....

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
It's funny reading Garrioch say today we'll see many trades. These guys are like puppies. People on here read this and go crazy and at the end of the day you realize Garrioch is just saying trash.

Seriously our media isn't really good to get insider infos. I once thought Chirp had some plugs too but growing up he lost some credibility to me

EDIT: Just had to get that out of my mind haha

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'd love Lecavalier on the cheap.. Brings us good depth down the middle or on the wing and some veteran presence/leadership also his 2mil bonus was paid out by philly already.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
sounds like a player in the 4mill range and not a center 'necessarily'

ROR is going to make 6mill+ so i dont think it is him. Stewart fits the bill.

Kane makes 5.2mill so might not be him either

Yeah I agree (not about Stewart necessarily, but that ROR is highly unlikly), his exact words were "there's a 3 mil $ difference in money that gets paid out... that allows me to ... get an NHL ready player" and in reference to if it was for a center "no, not necessarily"

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Stewart, imo, doesn't fit the bill because Murray said he wants hard-nosed gritty and hard working hockey team.

That's not Stewart. Plus, they just got to the cap and TMURR knows our prospects.

I wonder who it is.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if a team wants just prospects it could be someone close to the cap

ie Bickell or Eriksson?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's funny reading Garrioch say today we'll see many trades. These guys are like puppies. People on here read this and go crazy and at the end of the day you realize Garrioch is just saying trash.

Seriously our media isn't really good to get insider infos. I once thought Chirp had some plugs too but growing up he lost some credibility to me

EDIT: Just had to get that out of my mind haha

It's well worth mentioning. Garrioch is supposed to be in the know, and he was completely wrong about today. Not even one big signing or trade since Spezza got shipped out(Michalek doesn't count).

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Bickell makes too much sense (not that I necessarily want him) Chicago is 2.2 mil over the cap, and Bryan makes 4ish. He would come cheap and fits in with the Sens average age.

I could see something like Greening for Bickell or a prospect like Prince straight up. If we could get Leddy too that would be great.

Then we could do that Stewart for Wiercioch trade thats been a rumor forever.

Mac-Turris-Ryan
Bickell-Zib-Stewart
Stone-Smith-Chiasson
Hoffman-Grant / Pageau-Neil

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Leddy
Phillips-Ceci/Gryba
Boro

I don't like it that much, but its the reality of where we are. Good year to be bad I guess

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Stewart, imo, doesn't fit the bill because Murray said he wants hard-nosed gritty and hard working hockey team.

That's not Stewart. Plus, they just got to the cap and TMURR knows our prospects.

I wonder who it is.

i bet it's peumpel or prince maybe buddy robinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad