GDT: Free Agent Frenzy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Still think the best plan providing he doesn't cost as much as Panarin would be to sign Lee and then trade Drouin for a young LHD. Gardiner wont cut it we need a number 2 not a number 4.
Lee at $9M just doesn't intrigued me. I do like the guy, just not at the rumored price. $7M ish, I'm good with it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Simmonds are Gardiner Still available tells me that Bergevin has zero Interest in them

Dreger said earlier that Gardiner is still mulling over multiple offers. Labeled him as the "next wave" of free agents who sign once all the dust settles.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He said Montreal has a great relationship with Aho's agent and know him well. Apparently it's also Price and Gallagher's agent.

I don't think it means much at all, I just mean all these connections being drawn makes it hard to look away

Connecting immaterial dots that lead to nothing. A Hab tradition on UFA Frenzy day.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Molson has been pocketing a ton of money last few years. I can't wait to hear Bergevin's excuses for not signig anyone, or anybody any good.

Reactions: c3z4r

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Is there any rumours on how much Duchene was offered by Bergevin? Was it as high as $10 million for 7 years?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
One thing about all this cap space is if we do miss out, there's a lot of teams with Cap issues: Rangers now, Sharks, Jets, so trades are definitely possible. Maybe grab another 1st in 2020.
With the players left on the market, that would be our best move. Doubt the idiot will do that though, he'll throw money at Simmonds, Lee or Gardiner.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
'it's hard'
'only so many available players'
'taxes'
'i tried'

Not like he'll get any real heat from any journalist.
Man, I really don’t know where the taxes thing came from. The media is really pushing this narrative the last two years. I almost never heard anyone making the taxes excuse during the Gainey, Gauthier and Savard era. It’s really really bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad