GDT: Free Agent Frenzy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
UFA's drying up except the guys the Habs are rumored to be in on like Lee, Simmonds, and Gards.
f*** that! Drop an offer sheet on Aho! No one will sign with us anyways. I’d rather have my franchise be noted as ruthless than friendly. We are already known as ruthless On second thought... might as well keep it up.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So much for the crowd who said : "Well, nobody would have offer that type of money to Price if he were going on the UFA market"
I guess they were right after all....he would have get more

Strange that some would say that...UFA market IS crazy time.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He wanted to show Price who's the boss. You want to win now Carey, take that! :sarcasm:

Trading Shaw while his value was high was the right move no matter what honestly.
Plan A was to try and sign a free agent. Plan B is to free a roster spot for Poehling. That’s why Shaw was moved.

Reactions: LaP

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not necessarily weaker with the kids we have coming up and the glut of bottom 6 we already have. We get healthier by virtue of not having shaw's jello brain on the ice for us anymore.
True but I think he'll need to explain a 3rd year in a row of not spending money...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He wanted to show Price who's the boss. You want to win now Carey, take that! :sarcasm:

Trading Shaw while his value was high was the right move no matter what honestly.

But he could have get a D, or a prospect of somekind and even an NHLer…..but getting useless pick that might help the team in 4-5 years from now wasn't worth it. Better keep Shaw if in the end we have 10M+ in dead capspace

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Something must happen or he will have to explains why he made his team weaker by trading Shaw.

With all the UFAs falling to other teams, maybe MB is just waiting for his counterparts to keep shelling out money until they're too close to the cap and then swoop in with an offer.

It's UFA day for other teams, it's trade day for the Habs.

Reactions: Mandala

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Can't believe people still tune into the tv analysis lmao. Quit giving those clowns ratings, they're lying through their teeth to you guys.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He said Montreal has a great relationship with Aho's agent and know him well. Apparently it's also Price and Gallagher's agent.

I don't think it means much at all, I just mean all these connections being drawn makes it hard to look away

Okay. I read that in his article yesterday. I thought he had something new on it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Gardiner and Ferland.... I'm good with that.

Still think the best plan providing he doesn't cost as much as Panarin would be to sign Lee and then trade Drouin for a young LHD. Gardiner wont cut it we need a number 2 not a number 4.

We have nobody outside of Romanov in the system and he will take at least 3-4 years minimum before being a solid number 2 (if he ever becomes one). To me Gardiner doesn't make much sense.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
**** that! Drop an offer sheet on Aho! No one will sign with us anyways. I’d rather have my franchise be noted as ruthless than friendly. We are already known as ruthless On second thought... might as well keep it up.

If we really want to make waives send that offer sheet to Provorov

Reactions: FerrisRox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad