GDT: Free Agent Frenzy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Tyler Myers being TSN’s 5th best UFA just shows how this is yet another UFA class to avoid

Missing out on Duchene is as tragic as it would have been to miss out on a top 3 pick in 2012

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Love 'em or hate 'em.. Gardiner is the best Left D available on the board... and Simmonds the next best Right Winger
There's always demand for those positions. Unless you prefer Jason Pominville...
The demand is for good players, those 2 are not and will be overpaid if they come here. 0 interest in either.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
1) That is not what I was arguing about. I was purely talking about Poehling the player, not Poehling the trade asset.

2) When's the last time the Habs had a 6'3 210 pound center ahos dominating his peers like Poehling? Don't compare "latching on" to Poehling like he's Danny Kristo or Sebastian Collberg.

3) Calm the F down.

Who cares.

Go for the big fish, Poehling should not be a non-starter.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Leafs have barely the money for marnet let alone Gardiner

If Leafs get a d-man its gonna be a trade with Kadri

According to CapFriendly they currently have 20 players signed with 10.7m of cap left + Hortons 5.3m LTIR so they still have a bit of space left for Marner + a D. Not sure what else they can move out to create cap space but it's not impossible to add Gardiner IMO.

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
The demand is for good players, those 2 are not and will be overpaid if they come here. 0 interest in either.

Hmm I'm not advocating for the Habs to sign them, I'm just saying it's silly to think there is zero demand throughout the league for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad