GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Debatable..but most likely would have pushed the Oilers over the hump..

I like Calgary's overall structure more than Edmonton. Oilers have the best two pieces of those teams and a few good players (Kassian, Nurse, and Yamamoto) but not much else. Calgary has good players throughout their lineup and less work to do to fill the holes.

Reactions: mossey3535

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'm glad he chose Calgary. I had a real fear that if he brought Vezina level goaltending to a team with McDavid and Draisatl that they could do some damage. I'm not as worried with Calgary.
The other thing is, if you're a FA goalie, do you want to play in front of the Calgary D or the Edmonton D? :laugh:

I don't care how good McJesus is, he's not going to keep the opposition from lighting up Marky.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean Talbot was honestly pretty good last year. Calgarys problem is that their star offense is depressingly mediocre in the playoffs.
This. That being said, Talbot and Rittich both let in some real softies in the playoffs. Those are deflating.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Also Calgary is gonna take a step back on their D with Giordano retiring soonish and potentially losing one of Hamonic or Brodie. They have existential problems with their core that extend way beyond goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad