GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It’s gonna be a disaster day isn’t it, but I’ll say this, a few years back if we did absolutely nothing, instead of bringing in so many god-awful contracts, that would’ve been a win, so maybe tonight will be also if they do f*** all

member 328930

It’s gonna be a disaster day isn’t it, but I’ll say this, a few years back if we did absolutely nothing, instead of bringing in so many god-awful contracts, that would’ve been a win, so maybe tonight will be also if they do f*** all
Silver lining...maybe this actually gets Benning fired.

Reactions: xtr3m

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
If the sweet lord is merciful on this day, I hope that Benning does absolutely nothing.

Literally doing NOTHING would be better than any deal I have faith in him to make. Just literally do nothing, bring up the kids, eat the shit contracts we have and call it a day.

He made his bed and now it's time to face the music.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Let’s sign Alex wennberg to a big contract and call it a day.

Tired of these radio host saying OELs. Just say his name.

Would you even want Markstrom if he chooses Calgary or Edmonton ? Let him take the money

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I'm so excited to see how terrible our defense looks next year

I'm less excited to think that we are going to overpay for a few defenders instead of just bringing back Tanev and Stecher...

Reactions: PM

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
that would suck . Rather just re sign “tony” stretcher for half the price
Barrie had one bad year.
He had almost back to back 60 points seasons before that.
I’ll take him in a heartbeat, as long as it’s a very short deal

Reactions: Ginger Papa

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This would be the best thing they could do if were paying typical UFA prices

Rumsfeld

Oct 3, 2020
Barrie had one bad year.

Why would Barrie want to sign a very short deal. This is cash-in time.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
We aren't bringing back Tanev/Stecher/Fantenberg/Markstrom and I love it.

Demko is our #1 for the next 8 years. Tanev/Stecher are part of a d core that continuously gets hemmed in. We need more dynamic defenceman with more skill.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We aren't bringing back Tanev/Stecher/Fantenberg/Markstrom and I love it.

Demko is our #1 for the next 8 years. Tanev/Stecher are part of a d core that continuously gets hemmed in. We need more dynamic defenceman with more skill.

I can live with us letting Marky go, much as I like him, because Demko affords us that luxury. I would still like us to keep Marky and have a strong tandem, but if he wants to chase his payday, he's earned it.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
The only way I would want Barrie is on a 1 or 2 year, low rate, "show me" deal - give him a shot to earn his big payday all over again. I would think 1-2 years at around $4m per.

But if Benning strikes out on OEL, and Tanev walks...I fear he might back up the Brinks truck.
I would do a 2yr 10m deal.

5 million a year is about right on a short deal

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
What are the chances we collectively are satisfied to pleased with today 12 hours from now...?

I'm going to guess 20%, maximum.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would like to see an ounce of creativity today. Move on from Markstrom. Maybe move one of the redundant contracts (Roussel or Sutter) along with something for a goaltender under short-term contract like Reimer. Look at someone like Demers from Arizona for cheap. Be aggressive and try to pry some talent out of Tampa Bay given their situation.

Or alternatively, if you keep Markstrom then move Demko in an effort to get a cost-controlled 3C or RHD.

Lots of options. Just be smart.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Barrie had one bad year.

Barrie has never been good defensively And is on the decline . These small guys typically get destroyed by match up games in the playoffs. Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad