GDT: Free Agent Frenzy (9 AM PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
For what it's worth, NRD, who's a douche but is clearly somewhat connected, mentioned that he thinks we are who Philly would use to shed cap space if they needed to.

With Fletcher's reluctance to attach a first JVR+one of Konecny or Provorov for something just makes so much sense to me. Clears a lot more room for Philly and gets them an asset instead of burning the few they have.

Reactions: Duck Off

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Also went ahead and started fresh threads for all of the all-encompassing threads, to coincide with the start of the new league year

Sounds good, and thanks for locking up one of the free agency threads was annoying going back and forth with the new posts.

Reactions: Kalv and Duck Off

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ottawa is starting to look real nice:

DeBrincat-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Brown

Chabot-Weegar(?)
Sanderson-Zub
Yeah. I would expect Stutzle to make another step forward to around PPG. They have lots of other youngsters that should improve and they should be able to compete for the playoffs. Good for them. I think the Cat trade was a big success for them.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
This is a head scratcher. A team that should be rebuilding and with a chance at a top 3 pick next season would rather sign JG. If I’m a GM, I do whatever it takes to get their 1st because they aren’t making the playoffs.

Philly is constantly at a pick deficit and doesn’t even have a 2nd rounder until 2025 now, which should be impossible given how poorly the roster is constructed. Chuck Fletcher is in full-on “desperation to save my job” mode

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This will be Verbeeks biggest test yet lol

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
This is a head scratcher. A team that should be rebuilding and with a chance at a top 3 pick next season would rather sign JG. If I’m a GM, I do whatever it takes to get their 1st because they aren’t making the playoffs.

On the other hand, I probably find it more baffling if they refuse to budge and lose out on Johnny because of it. They're already trying to make the playoffs again after trading for TDA and keeping Risto at this point you might as well go for it. They should tear down but they're not going to and if they don't then there's really no reason not to pursue this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad