GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Picking up Colin White, Zach Aston-Reese + one of Strome/Malgin and maybe Comrie or Samsonov would be a good day.

Holl probably traded at some point in the next few days once teams figure out what they still need. There's always a need for a rhd

lol, please no to Malgin. Hell yes to Colin White, Strome, Aston-Reese. I'd even like Domi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If we're rolling the dice on players I want us to get guys that can skate strongly and are in that early to mid 20's age range

No more lines chock full of old guys that get curb stomped every time they hit the ice

Our young guys have plenty of experience, they don't need babysitting so let's get the team into a window where most of our players are in there primes still

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If we're rolling the dice on players I want us to get guys that can skate strongly and are in that early to mid 20's age range

No more lines chock full of old guys that get curb stomped every time they hit the ice

Our young guys have plenty of experience, they don't need babysitting so let's get the team into a window where most of our players are in there primes still

That is where all of those non-tendered and buy out guys make a lot of sense.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Any combination of Strome, Kubalik, Domi, Colin White or Ashton-Reese would be amazing. Kubalik/Domi would make the 2nd or 3rd line so much better.

Reactions: Kiwi and Stigma

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
I'm fine moving Kerfoot if we put the money to good use. But losing Kerfoot and Mikheyev is a lot of speed to remove from the line-up.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
People reporting Campbell to sign with Edmonton 5x5M for days now.
How the hell is this not tampering?

It's the open secret that the league is okay with. It's why so many free agents magically sign complex structured contracts the second free agency opens

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1657699334030.png

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I guess discussing contracts is allowed. If we did this, league would penalize us for tampering.
Congrats to Jack on his contract. Good guy but we are fine without him.

Reactions: Sypher04 and garce

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
I can see us picking up Comrie (although Murray Comrie still doesnt give me a ton of faith its all we can afford)
Maybe guys like Subban and Domi I wouldnt hate for depth roles, plus Subban as a leaf would be fun.
Hope they take a run at Dylan Strome, even moving Kerfoot if needed for cap
Some big bodies for the 4th line but not really sure whats out there on that front

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Any combination of Strome, Kubalik, Domi, Colin White or Ashton-Reese would be amazing. Kubalik/Domi would make the 2nd or 3rd line so much better.
Kubalik and Domi are the least interesting pieces on that list for me. Like the other 3 though.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
-I'm hoping for Strome and Domi at a hometown discounts.
-Sign Samsonov or Comrie
-Resign Lybushkin
-Trade Holl
I think this pretty much nails is, just take out Domi, and Lybushkin is unlikely unless very cheap. If so, than yeah Holl is gone.
I am surprised there is so much negativity on Strome. He has huge upside potential still. His early years were wasted. He can be our second centre, and put Tavares on his left wing. May have to move Kerfoot to make it work.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
It's the open secret that the league is okay with. It's why so many free agents magically sign complex structured contracts the second free agency opens

Well the rules are rules. Why do they have them than.

I still hope Dubas files for tampering just for fun.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Using that capfriendly page, the Leafs have $6.3M in cap space needing to sign Engvall and Sandin plus a backup goalie and 2 more forwards. I'm not seeing much fireworks based on that situation unless there's a trade to free up cap space. A backup goalie will be signed and 3 NHL level forward grunts. I'm not sure if there's anyone to attract to take a severe hometown discount for a year. Perhaps Max Domi who has worn out several welcomes.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That’s actually a really nice deal for the Oulers. If Kane keeps himself out of trouble it’s probably going to be a steal.

Happy to hear the Leafs are interested in Acciari .. he was a name I’ve brought up before that could be a solid, cheap depth add.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If we sign Dylan Strome, that indicates to me a revamped like 3 with Engvall, Kampf and someone else (ZAR?) becoming the line 4.

More of a 3A, 3B situation depending on game situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad