GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Really hate to be a negative Nelly. But that Murray trade really hurt this team.

We have very little room to wiggle now, and we need to sign a reliable backup for Murray, a good bottom 6er or two + Sandin/Engvall and we only got 7 mill or so....

Really gonna be difficult...

In
Murray
Goalie #2
Mikheyev replacement?
Kase replacement?
4th line replacements for spezza and Blackwell.

Out
Mikheyev - 21 goals and 32 points in 52 (32 goal, 50 point pace)
Kase - 27 points in 50 games (44 point pace)
Spezza - Best face-off men + 25 points
Blackwell
Campbell
Mrazek

I don't think we're improving from last year, it seems like a step in the opposite direction...

Reactions: ER89

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Regarding the goaltending .. clearly they've swung for the fences in Murray. Might as well double down and take a big cut at Samsonov to see if he can put it together too. Only 25, so there's still a chance he can find his game to live up to the hype he had.
That's a great bet. Goalies are late bloomers and I bet on his pedigree every time.

Really hate to be a negative Nelly. But that Murray trade really hurt this team.

We have very little room to wiggle now, and we need to sign a reliable backup for Murray, a good bottom 6er or two + Sandin/Engvall and we only got 7 mill or so....

In
Murray
Goalie #2
Mikheyev replacement?
Kase replacement?

Out
Blackwell
Campbell
Mrazek

I don't think we're improving from last year, it seems like a step in the opposite direction...
Almost seems like we have to move Holl and maybe Kerfoot, creating even more holes.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Strome could be an ok Spezza level replacement and 2nd line PP. I'm just not sure the cap space is there to fit him.

I like hometown kids as the next one but he does not fit our needs man...I am scared about this lol

I could see Leafs getting Subban whether people like it or not. Strome will be tough and he could get more money. Maybe they get lucky. Comrie... or Samsonov I've heard for G.

If you move Kerfoot maybe they can take a run at a top 9 guy who is a better fit(I know lots of supporters of him too just guessing)I could see Holl going the most.

A bunch of movement tomorrow forsure but it may take a couple weeks for a bunch of things to play out.

Leafs will go for a goalie and sign some fringe guys that didn't get qualified is my forsure bets tomorrow.

come on man make it not boring lol

Reactions: Burnie97

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Dubas gets Strome and decides to bring Malgin back and run it back...

Yeah I can't anymore. Im so over this

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

In
Murray
Goalie #2
Mikheyev replacement?
Kase replacement?

Out
Blackwell
Campbell
Mrazek

People said that LAST year and it improved. It'll be hard to improve even more for sure, but the ENTIRE core is still here and the main reason we were as good as they were. I don't know how we can view this as an "opposite direction" feeling at all because we're losing Mikheyev and Campbell.

The Leafs might move Kerfoot and Holl because they want to shake up the secondary aspects of the team, which should be mostly just shuffling the deck chairs. They also have young players pushing for promotions, which could give them high value for cheap cap hits.

I think it's ok to question and have concerns. I agree to a certain degree. But I'd wait until the dust settles and make a little more judgments based on that.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I really don't want Strome. I rather we target Kubalik over him. ZAR would be a nice fit on the 4th line. Add another 4th liner on top of him.
Maybe a depth d man but I don't see the need until we trade Holl.
Another goalie and thats probably the best we can ask for.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
People said that LAST year and it improved. It'll be hard to improve even more for sure, but the ENTIRE core is still here and the main reason we were as good as they were. I don't know how we can view this as an "opposite direction" feeling at all because we're losing Mikheyev and Campbell.

I think it's ok to question and have concerns. I agree to a certain degree. But I'd wait until the dust settles and make a little more judgments based on that.

I think the main goal is to try and break even as much as possible going from Mikheyev + Kerfoot to a pair of new guys, and hopefully find a better overall fit for that 2LW spot. If you find a better fit for 2LW, we will be better even if we are not putting in the sexiest names.

The 4th line has a ton of room for improvement, and I think that is where we could find some difference makers for cheap.

Defense will mostly be the same. Gio instead of Dermott is an upgrade. ??? instead of Holl will hopefully be a wash, at least when you account for Liljegren's improvements from last year. Same with Sandin.

Then we are going from one wild card goalie to another. There were no guarantees in net this year anyways, and Murray was one of the better options. Hopefully we find a guy who isn't as bad as Mrazek was last year, but it is hard for more things to go wrong than what happened to Mrazek last year.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I really don't want Strome. I rather we target Kubalik over him. ZAR would be a nice fit on the 4th line. Add another 4th liner on top of him.
Maybe a depth d man but I don't see the need until we trade Holl.
Another goalie and thats probably the best we can ask for.
Kubalik would be definitely someone i'd go for with ZAR. I just hope not strome...I get it....the reason to want him but he is NOT what we need for this team for our goals...like unless he DRASTICALLY changes his game or something...

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
alright so the tampering is now official :laugh: i mean...no one has talked to no one.

Also I really hope we see what kind of money we will see Keumper and Campbell will get...remember we lost our minds about Hyman...
So if Campbell signs 5x5, and Keumper says I want 8m per, what's Washington gonna do lol?

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
I'm interested to see what we do day one

Other team im interested in is the flyers they're the wildboys of this situation.

Excited to see exactly what they do

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Other team im interested in is the flyers they're the wildboys of this situation.

I swear Flyers will be asking the magic 8 ball what they want to do...I dont think even their management and fans know what they are doing.

I am having a problem...I know sleeping will fast forward to the signings...but I cant sleep. Stupid ADHD mind...

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010

If we aren't signing guys that are pushing guys like Engvall and Kampf to the 4th line...what are we doing here...treading water?

Bunting Matthews Marner
________ Tavares Nylander
Kerfoot ______ _______
Engvall Kampf _______
Clifford

The objective should be to outmatch each line not just match them imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad