GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I could see Leafs getting Subban whether people like it or not. Strome will be tough and he could get more money. Maybe they get lucky. Comrie... or Samsonov I've heard for G.

If you move Kerfoot maybe they can take a run at a top 9 guy who is a better fit(I know lots of supporters of him too just guessing)I could see Holl going the most.

A bunch of movement tomorrow forsure but it may take a couple weeks for a bunch of things to play out.

Leafs will go for a goalie and sign some fringe guys that didn't get qualified is my forsure bets tomorrow.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
My hopeful signings:

Marchment 2 x 4.25M (probably will get 3 years, might be iffy for the Leafs, but could see him taking 2 years on a cup contender).

Thomas Greiss 1 x 1.25M (bad year but great career stats. Capable starter)

Zach Aston-Reese 2 x 1.5M (similar to Kampf and Kase)

Matt Luff 2 x 900k (Similar to Bunting)

Carter Rowney 1 x 800k

I would imagine Holl and Kerfoot to be traded for picks and/or depth players back as well.

I am ready to be severely disappointed.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
With Malkin's injuries piling up that could be ugly in 2 years .. but he still produces when healthy .. so low end #2C money for him for 4 years? That's... just ok.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
My hopeful signings:

Marchment 2 x 4.25M (probably will get 3 years, might be iffy for the Leafs, but could see him taking 2 years on a cup contender).

Thomas Greiss 1 x 1.25M (bad year but great career stats. Capable starter)

Zach Aston-Reese 2 x 1.5M (similar to Kampf and Kase)

Matt Luff 2 x 900k (Similar to Bunting)

Carter Rowney 1 x 800k

I would imagine Holl and Kerfoot to be traded for picks and/or depth players back as well.

I am ready to be severely disappointed.
Like all those, love the bolded. ZAR would be a fan favorite in short order.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Pens are following suit with the Caps though in just riding out their core until the bitter end :laugh:

Hard to believe the Sid/Ovi era teams are playing into their late 30's now.

Wonder if the Caps circle over to Kadri.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Pittsburgh had to get that Malkin contract done.

No doubt that we'll be in for some Leaf related news tomorrow. G, D and F?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He may take a massive cut on a 1 year. Leafs do it all the time. Even if he doesn't stay he'll make bank with 1 good year. Marner and him are buddies too.

His biggest thing in need of a boost is seemingly his reputation - which is easy to improve under the media spotlight in Toronto.

I can see a cheap 1 year deal working for both sides.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Patrick Kane rumoured to be asking for a trade, to be announced tomorrow. Originally tweeted by Steve Kouleas, but he's since deleted it. We shall see. Not a player for us anyway.

With Gaudreau testing free agency, it will be interesting to see what Tkachuk and Calgary do. I'd still love to shake Markstrom out of Calgary, even though it would probably be costly to so, as well as have to move Murray.

It feels good that Geno is going to retire in Pittsburgh. They might really fall off a cliff in a couple of years.

Reactions: Burnie97

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Patrick Kane rumoured to be asking for a trade, to be announced tomorrow. Originally tweeted by Steve Kouleas, but he's since deleted it. We shall see. Not a player for us anyway.

With Gaudreau testing free agency, it will be interesting to see what Tkachuk and Calgary do. I'd still love to shake Markstrom out of Calgary, even though it would probably be costly to so, as well as have to move Murray.

He's going to be a Ranger almost guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese