GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2022 - DAY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Don't be such a stick in the mud. It's just a fun experiment chart based off a bunch of volatile draft/FA moves.
The poster I quoted was surprised how well the Canucks rank. I explained why it happened. The only one being a stick in the mud is youz. You’re getting upset I think the guy that makes money off these horrible stats he puts out is a hack. I wonder if you say the same to people that think the same of that eklund dude.

I never said they aren’t fun experiment charts btw. Just saying taking it with a grain of salt like how his kuemper player card says kuemper has been a franchise level goalie the last 3 years

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
31 y/o Palat making $6 million for the next 5 years. Was amazing for Tampa but that's a lot. I'm getting some Loui Eriksson vibes but that's probably me just projecting

As usual, tons of blunders out there today. Well, maybe not blunders but mistakes. Palat, Trocheck too much term; Zadorov, Burakovsky, Kuemper too much money; Gudbranson, Strome, Chiarot, both. It's easier to name the good deals, but that's free agency. TB finally looks like they are paying the piper, Carolina did fairly well.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
As usual, tons of blunders out there today. Well, maybe not blunders but mistakes. Palat, Trocheck too much term; Zadorov, Burakovsky, Kuemper too much money; Gudbranson, Strome, Chiarot, both. It's easier to name the good deals, but that's free agency. TB finally looks like they are paying the piper, Carolina did fairly well.
Carolina did very well. Got Burns and Pacioretty on absolute bargains.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Carolina definitely trying to seize their window. Still finding it hard to believe they got Pacioretty (and Coghlan, who seems like a solid defender) for free.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Burns is a bit too rich still, but got him for relative peanuts and what's out there anyways? Kase and Coghlan are also good sly pickups.
Within the context of bare minimum top 4 RHD available, I like the Burns deal. He's gonna thrive on the top PP.

Aho, Teravainen, Jarvis, Pacioretty, Svechnikov, Necas, Staal, and Kotkaneimi make up a really good forward group. They could use a good old JT Miller to take that second line spot and have an elite top 9.

EDIT: I take it back, Kotka really isn't anything special lol

Reactions: Vector

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Within the context of bare minimum top 4 RHD available, I like the Burns deal. He's gonna thrive on the top PP.

Aho, Teravainen, Jarvis, Pacioretty, Svechnikov, Necas, Staal, and Kotkaneimi make up a really good forward group. They could use a good old JT Miller to take that second line spot and have an elite top 9.

EDIT: I take it back, Kotka really isn't anything special lol

He is young and could prove me wrong, but outside of a nice playoff for Montreal prior to his offer sheet, I’ve been thoroughly underwhelmed by Kotkaniemi and am bewildered that he got so much money from such a normally shrewd group in Carolina. I remain convinced they committed hard to the troll and didn’t expect Montreal to let him go, and then had to double down with the 8 year extension.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So what does "future consideration" mean anyways?
I found this. It sounds like it’s usually a nominal asset like a late pick or minor league player.

What are future considerations in the NHL?​

Turns out, that future considerations are exactly what they sound like.

When a team agrees to send another club future considerations, it means that at another point in time, they will complete the deal by sending either a player, a pick or multiple of either. In the case of the Murray deal, the Senators will eventually receive some sort of return from the Maple Leafs, but as of now, they do not have anything.

In the NHL, teams cannot trade a player or draft picks for cash alone, so a player or pick has to go back the other way. Oftentimes, a team wants to wait and figure out what position they need, or if they want to get a draft pick in a later round.

It's similar to a player to be named later (PTBNL) in the MLB, where it can be included in the trade and then finalized at a later date.

Reactions: EverTheCynic

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I recall earlier this season there was also a trade with "future consideration" in it or something.

Just sounds like such a weird and...pointless term.

It basically means anything the teams want. Can be pure money, could be a draft pick, could be absolutely nothing. They do let the league know what the parameters are when the trade is filed.

It almost always means nothing.

My favourite is Kris Draper going from the Jets to the Red Wings for futures. Those futures? $1.00

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It basically means anything the teams want. Can be pure money, could be a draft pick, could be absolutely nothing. They do let the league know what the parameters are when the trade is filed.

It almost always means nothing.

My favourite is Kris Draper going from the Jets to the Red Wings for futures. Those futures? $1.00

I don't know what sport, but there was a player who got traded for future considerations. The future considerations ended up being himself.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I don't know what sport, but there was a player who got traded for future considerations. The future considerations ended up being himself.

It’s happened in baseball but the most recent was in 1999 with John McDonald going from the Blue Jays to the Tigers and back to the Blue Jays all for himself. Baseball can have some wonderfully silly transactions.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
American stars just don't like playing in Canada it seems

Boeser's re-signed here twice for less than what he could have got. Hughes is signed long term. Doesn't seem to be that much of a problem for us. Maybe try being less cold next time other Canadian cities. Anyways, off to put a downpayment on a 1br apartment for $800k.

• Haha
Reactions: Jyrki21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad