GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2022 - DAY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
So we have like 10 players capable of pushing 20 goals. Don't think there's ever been a time when one could say that. Only so much puck to go around, but if guys like Podz, Hogs and Pearson are around 15, that's $

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
We wanted to get faster/tougher to play against. We did that in Lazar/Mikheyev/Joshua. Liked that we sticked to the plan and didn't half ass it.

Now we need to re-tool the D through trade. Sucks I only want to move Pearson/Dickinson/Poolman.

Really don't want to move Garland. Really like the forward depth for the first time in years.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Saying the defense is horrible is getting a bit dramatic. Yea we could really use an RD, Tanev type replacement, and/or someone who can score goals, but... Green was the worst team defense coach in the ever of foreversuck. Odd man rushes, lost assignments ect, not really an individuals fault. Team speed an issue, again look to the guy in the suit drawing stick figures on the white board.

Outside of a league worst PK, we were actually pretty good at not being scored on. The league as a whole scored more, and is leaning towards more run n gun. Demko isn't going anywhere, we can play to our strengths.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
We wanted to get faster/tougher to play against. We did that in Lazar/Mikheyev/Joshua. Like that we sticked to our guns.

Now we need to re-tool the D through trade. Sucks I only want to move Pearson/Dickinson/Poolman.

Really don't want to move Garland. Really like the forward depth for the first time in years.
Poolman can’t be moved due to his migraines. No one taking a chance on that. Randomly has to go on IR without a return date.

Dickinson coming off a bad year. Only real option is for a team to believe that they can get him back on track. Like Bowness and Montgomery his last 2 HC in Dallas pushing to acquire him since they had him before for Win or Bos.

Pearson, little surprised he didn’t get moved. Normally would be thinking about teams like Det, NJ, CBS, the mid to lower level teams who maybe don’t wish to tie themselves to 4/5 year deals but looking for veterans.

Reactions: BWJM

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Columbus is a TOWN... nothing to it.. University town. Has to be one of the most boring destinations to play in..
Isn’t Columbus considered one the the best cities to live in the US? This article greatly overrates it, but the city is very livable compared to most other US cities.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Columbus is a TOWN... nothing to it.. University town. Has to be one of the most boring destinations to play in..
You guys crack me up. Everyone has a different preference on where they would like to live. Vancouver is beautiful but you wouldn't catch me in a million years ever wanting to live there. And I say that respectfully, I make sure to visit every year!

Reactions: Fatass

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Saying the defense is horrible is getting a bit dramatic. Yea we could really use an RD, Tanev type replacement, and/or someone who can score goals, but... Green was the worst team defense coach in the ever of foreversuck. Odd man rushes, lost assignments ect, not really an individuals fault. Team speed an issue, again look to the guy in the suit drawing stick figures on the white board.

Outside of a league worst PK, we were actually pretty good at not being scored on. The league as a whole scored more, and is leaning towards more run n gun. Demko isn't going anywhere, we can play to our strengths.

Schenn would be an excellent 3rd pairing vet for us, riding shotgun for Rathbone but he shouldn't even be in the conversation for best RHD. We might be the only team in the league that could say that with a straight face.

You guys crack me up. Everyone has a different preference on where they would like to live. Vancouver is beautiful but you wouldn't catch me in a million years ever wanting to live there. And I say that respectfully, I make sure to visit every year!

What excites a 23yo single person might not excite a 31 yo with kids.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
U
Schenn would be an excellent 3rd pairing vet for us, riding shotgun for Rathbone but he shouldn't even be in the conversation for best RHD. We might be the only team in the league that could say that with a straight face.

What excites a 23yo single person might not excite a 31 yo with kids.
Good ufas are going to be late 20’s. Not dealing with early 20’s ncaa Orr European free agents. Likely different priorities for each.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Worse, what will Horvat want now? Got to be in the 7+mil area and the team already capped out for next year as it stands now
It isn’t the team being capped out that I am concerned with, as it pertains to Horvat. I am worried that Horvat is capped out, and that he doesn’t really project to grow as a player any longer. And now we will have to start his cap hit with a seven instead of a five? While not getting any additional value from the player? Hoo boy.

Reactions: theguardianII

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Campbell was the best signing for the Oilers. I actually like his personality and game a fair amount - he has some throwback elements in his game which I mostly like, but he needs a steadier hand at goalie coach. He made some great saves in the playoffs but didn't have the consistency to be depended upon to win a series. Seemed to lose his game (mentally or physically) at key moments.

Essentially he is in the same place in his development as Demko going into this past season, except he is 30. So still a gamble but anything is better than Mike Smith as your rock #1.
Ugh, i am having PTSD just by having someone mentioned Mike Smith, man, might as well not having a goalie.

Reactions: mossey3535

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It isn’t the team being capped out that I am concerned with, as it pertains to Horvat. I am worried that Horvat is capped out, and that he doesn’t really project to grow as a player any longer. And now we will have to start his cap hit with a seven instead of a five? While not getting any additional value from the player? Hoo boy.
By 28 the player is pretty much peaked. More a matter of how long they can maintain that level for.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Vancouver is literally the best city in the world to live in.

Everything at your finger tips.

Including traffic, construction, miserable people and DTES.

It costs a fortune cause a lot of people want to live here.

I sure as shit would not want to live anywhere else.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
By 28 the player is pretty much peaked. More a matter of how long they can maintain that level for.
I am comfortable with Bo at his current rate. I definitely don’t find it ideal that with the margins as razor thin as they are we are going to have to bump him up 1-1.5 mill for likely no additional return.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Vancouver is literally the best city in the world to live in.

Everything at your finger tips.

Including traffic, construction, miserable people and DTES.

It costs a fortune cause a lot of people want to live here.

I sure as shit would not want to live anywhere else.

Amen, I knew what I was getting myself into when I moved here.
No regrets.

Reactions: wonton15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad