GDT: Free Agent Frenzy: 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Toronto has to be the worst team in terms of media / fan pressure. I wonder if that had anything to do with Campbell's poor second half and playoff showing? He wouldn't have anywhere near that kind of pressure in Washington

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Those rumors of Kadri making potentially 8 million and Gaudreau making more is sick. They may be good players, but no superstar compared to Ovy, McD, and Drai. NHL can't keep this stuff up. Also, I'm not against Malkin even though I don't like the player. The last time we signed some ex Pens we had success.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Those rumors of Kadri making potentially 8 million and Gaudreau making more is sick. They may be good players, but no superstar compared to Ovy, McD, and Drai. NHL can't keep this stuff up. Also, I'm not against Malkin even though I don't like the player. The last time we signed some ex Pens we had success.
Well not really the last time… seems like the caps sign ex pens every year. It’s a weird thing.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I’m not fully sold on Malkin but I am fully sold against signing Trocheck. Hopefully Pittsburgh signs him!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Toronto has to be the worst team in terms of media / fan pressure. I wonder if that had anything to do with Campbell's poor second half and playoff showing? He wouldn't have anywhere near that kind of pressure in Washington
Probably had more to do with the fact he'd never played more than 31games at the NHL level before, and hadn't played 50+ in a combined season since 2017 with the Ontario Reign.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Attention value shoppers, top UFAs ranked by GAR that I subjectively expect to be signed for less than a $4M AAV:

Rutta, Heinen, Rodrigues, Kulak, MStaal, DStrome, Larsson, Stastny, Milano, Subban, CMiller, Joshua, Donato, Howden, Domi, Lazar, Maatta, Lyubushkin.

Some defensive value to be had. Laviolette being more of a meat and potatoes guy I suspect he'd want more along those lines. Rodrigues or Stastny tops my value list up front I think. And then if not Kulak then Staal or Maatta as D stopgaps. But I suppose Miller or Subban could have similar PP2 appeal should they want to replace Schultz in that role. But they have a perfectly good Orlov and don't need to prioritize it per se.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Thank god the Caps are spared from the Malkin mistake

Only a $6.1M AAV for Malkin from the Pens feels like a slap in the face to Malkin, but on the other hand makes me jealous that we couldn't have kept Backstrom's salary that low

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Pittsburgh wised up, you don’t let a franchise legend walk that wants to re-sign! Even if you only get 60 games out of him, he’s pretty good

Shame. I wanted to see him on the lightning somehow lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad