GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It's just a sense: we hear a lot about how Huby is excited about the moves this offseason, but we haven't heard anything from Barky.
Barkov is probably one of the least active social media users on the team, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Don't forget that the offseason still isn't over; Reinhart hasn't signed and we may make additional moves. Maybe he'll comment when the dust settles.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Barkov is probably one of the least active social media users on the team, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Don't forget that the offseason still isn't over; Reinhart hasn't signed and we may make additional moves. Maybe he'll comment when the dust settles.

Ever been to Finland?

If you have, you might understand.

I hope you're right but I'm not sure. This is the rare time i want to be wrong :)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Oh man, didn't realize it was that serious.

Disc replacement SUCKS. That's something you gotta deal with for the rest of your life.
IDK, I'm kinda with Eichel or this one.
I get it, the Sabers have 50 mil tied in his contract and the procedure hasn't been done on an NHLer before; this sucks for them. If the artificial disk replacement goes badly, it affects them for a long time. But it's five years for them, his whole life for him. The neck fusion apparently means permanently reduced neck mobility. Which of options A or B is better, IDK. But with a serious medical decision like this, the player should have more say IMO. Ultimately, it's his health and his future on the line here.
He asked for the surgery what, two months ago? Then they delayed a month per the team's wishes. And now they're pushing him to have a procedure he doesn't want. What does this waiting do to his chances of recovery? IDK, maybe it's fine, but I know two people who had their orthopedic surgeries postponed for months because of Covid until the surgery became impossible and they ended up permanently crippled.
Maybe the Sabres are right and Eichel's being an idiot; can't really say without medical knowledge and his medical info. But at the very least, you'd expect their communication would be better. This seems like one more example of the dysfunction in Buffalo.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chara for purely 3rd pair defensive role could be solid.
His locker room addition would be massive, he set the tone years ago for the current Bruins model

This is bad news for us, he was starting to regress.

Woot he was a high end 2C at the end of season.
I mean 44 points in 51 games with his usual overall game.

Boston had a shot at being good, now they are collapsing

Last edited:

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Definitely do not want. Dude couldn’t skate when he was 20, so he sure as shit cant skate now at 44.
You don't have to skate when your job is just rag dolling opponents in front of the net. :naughty: Though Chara actually improved his skating a lot in his first years in the NHL. No way he would have become the player he did without doing that.

But yeah sure bring down Chara for under a million. There's no risks involved. If he doesn't make the cut he's presence would still be a positive influence on the team.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
You don't have to skate when your job is just rag dolling opponents in front of the net. :naughty: Though Chara actually improved his skating a lot in his first years in the NHL. No way he would have become the player he did without doing that.

But yeah sure bring down Chara for under a million. There's no risks involved. If he doesn't make the cut he's presence would still be a positive influence on the team.

I guess if its for under $1M I wouldn't be opposed to it. His reach would help our PK at least.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I can't for the life of me understand the hand wringing over Barkov. His situation in Florida is a perfect fit for him... both for hockey and personality. I've never been less worried about a player signing here.

I agree…also, who will have the cap space to take on both of them and also be in a situation to contend immediately? I’m still confident Barkov will sign, but if it goes beyond training camp, I’ll start to worry. Usually players don’t like having those discussions during the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad