GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Can someone explain to me why we have so few contract spots filled? If I count properly we have 40 contracts (once Monty, Reinhart and Priskie re-sign), which is a bit low

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Reinhart is probably looking for close to 7, Zito playing hardball as always.

I'm expecting him getting something close to that considering what kind of stupid money was handed out earlier this week. It puts Z in a tough spot when negotiating. Landeskog is a pretty close comparable, Reinhart should get a bit less than that.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
So I guess the Reinhart deal isn't happening this week. I wonder what the hold up is.
Term maybe

I think we could get a cheap one year deal but SR needs to decide how long he wants to be here. We won’t be able to sign him longer if it’s the same time as Huby

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Sabres fans on here and reddit said Reinhart wants to go out west and it's only going to be 1 year wherever he goes, that's why the return was relatively small. We'll see. Even if it's just 1 year I still pull the trigger on that deal but it would be disappointing.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Sabres fans on here and reddit said Reinhart wants to go out west and it's only going to be 1 year wherever he goes, that's why the return was relatively small. We'll see. Even if it's just 1 year I still pull the trigger on that deal but it would be disappointing.

Yeah but he's said he' s excited to be in Florida and on a winning team, and has talked to Ek, Montour, Bennett etc already. From what he's said he s open to term. It has to be the money. This is his chance for a big contract in his prime, and it's hard to blame him. Previous Sabres management kept lowballing him, he's not gonna settle for a cheap contract this time.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I still have a hard time putting any stock into what Dwork says, Verhaeghe's extension is the first thing he broke and he's been "hearing" things for years. :rolleyes:

I don't recall what he's heard in the past, but I like Dwork. He works hard, and with the lack of local media coverage the Panthers have, it's nice that he's always around and on top of things. I don't think he would make something like that up unless he was positive Cats and Reino were close to a deal.

Reactions: IceKitties

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

This is just massive speculation. The funny part about this is that a lot of Sabres fans were also criticizing management for never offering him a fair long term deal. So, which is it?

In regards to the return, that shouldn’t tell you anything. It was fair based on the market and I wouldn’t call it relatively small for a guy who’s unsigned and has arbitration rights. If they could have got more, then why take a smaller return (especially to a team in their own division).

The concern for me is that Reinhart has no allegiance to us whatsoever yet. That’s the difficult part about bringing in an RFA and then trying to sign them. He hasn’t played a single game you’re trying to determine a value. With that being said, I didn’t think it would take this long to get a deal done. Multiple people said it was relatively close and now we’re in August. The longer it goes, the worse it becomes and obviously arbitration is not ideal for a number of reasons.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don’t have a clear view on what we have in Deni yet. Hopefully all the time he had up with the big club last season helped. It’s probably best that he, Luostar, Hepo go to Charlotte and have a full season there. Then fight for the open spots left by Frankie and Cookie next season.

-ghoste

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don’t have a clear view on what we have in Deni yet. Hopefully all the time he had up with the big club last season helped. It’s probably best that he, Luostar, Hepo go to Charlotte and have a full season there. Then fight for the open spots left by Frankie and Cookie next season.

-ghoste
Deni was quietly very solid in the NHL. You can see the IQ. 4 assists in 7 games shows promise.

Reactions: Vilam and harv33173

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Reinhart did NOT file for arbitration.

I’m assuming there’s a few deals on the table, it’s just a matter of him deciding. I’m guessing there’s a couple different term options.

If there was a big gap between the two, he most likely would have filed. It also means he wants more than a year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad