GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021 - 9AM

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So what's Colorado gonna do? Bring back Dubnyk? Yeah right...

Remaining UFA goalies based on GP last season

24 - Rask
22 - Dubnyk
14 - Hogberg
12 - McElhinney

Every else played seven or less.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Too much is being made of Kuemper's pending UFA status. The acquiring team can just re-sign him.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Adrian dater confirms coyotes asked for newhook in exchange for Kuemper but were told no. Says timmins could be part of package, but other teams have more substantial offers

I think BA wants newhook bad and it’s trying to use the other teams’ offers to force sakic’s hand. Avs fans in his responses are already unhappy that timmins could go the other way. Sakic has never really been painted into a corner like this and BA I think knows it

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It’s ok. BA is going to take a solid offer from BUF or EDM, or Sakic is going to realize that he is absolutely effed next year without a goalie, and can’t win a Cup, and he’s going to get desperate and up his offer…either way it’s a win.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
NHL players are competitive by nature and want to win, but you can't win if you don't have enough talent. Of course there could be a bad apple or two within the roster that makes many to believe it's most of the players, but it's the GM's job to get the players for the coach to coach, and if they aren't good at their job you have the Coyotes the last number of years. Most players on the Yote's last year are not losers like some are saying, probably because of frustration, but I think the players frustration is much higher. Doan said he is OEL's biggest fan and thinks he is a great player, and he also likes the way Garland approached the game or something to that effect. I do think players get stale and need a change of scenery and that bringing new players in can change the culture in that respect. Same goes for coaches. Same goes for you and I in life, but it doesn't mean you or I are losers at our job

Well, personally, I think Goligoski falls under that bad apple category in terms of his mentality. When he admitted he lost his love of the game he should have been gone at that point, imo. He could fall under that "stale" category but there are guys who just are who they are. He's one of those guys (to me). He should never be a leader in a hockey room if that team expects to win.

Also, I think all should be held accountable from owner down to each player. Goligoski can't get off the hook because of "lack of talent"... because he still didn't give his best effort every night. If we lost and he tried hard every game, I'd have no issue with him.

Last edited:

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
I'd add a 2nd or a 50% off Kessel for Newhook. Maybe even Kessel + a 3rd.
I think there is only $1m owed Kessel for the year and that's it. There really isn't a retention issue for another team, only if they can absorb a $6.8m cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad