GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021 - 9AM

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
If the plan is to trade Kuemper, both Vanacek and Vladar were solid choices to tandem with Hutton. Only one left is Georgiev. I like him. Kinda reminds me of Raanta stylistically.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If the plan is to trade Kuemper, both Vanacek and Vladar were solid choices to tandem with Hutton. Only one left is Georgiev. I like him. Kinda reminds me of Raanta stylistically.
Vanecek just went back to Washington for a ‘23 2nd. That’s what I’m complaining about. We should have offered a ‘22 2nd and got that player. This was a mistake.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Vanecek just went back to Washington for a ‘23 2nd. That’s what I’m complaining about. We should have offered a ‘22 2nd and got that player. This was a mistake.
I’m aware. I’ve been a big supporter of Vanacek for 3 years now. I actually wanted to draft Vladar in his draft year. I think these are both big missed opportunities.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Colorado has

Fleury
Kuemper
Georgiev
Sorokin OS
Merzlikins
Gibson
Driedger/Vanacek

as potentials to choose from. Not certain it's Keumper, or they're screwed just yet.​

rt

May 13, 2004
Timmins and a late 20’s pick? Eh. Guess I’m just not a Timmins fan.
He’s not my favorite Avs prospect. But you have to think they didn’t want to give up an ELC on the roster and we twisted their arm. I’m guessing Sakic would have preferred to trade Barron or Helleson (both of whom I like better) and we held firm. So I’m going to trust Alan Hepple who drafted all of the Avs prospects and BA who knows Ontario very well.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
He’s not my favorite Avs prospect. But you have to think they didn’t want to give up an ELC on the roster and we twisted their arm. I’m guessing Sakic would have preferred to trade Barron or Helleson (both of whom I like better) and we held firm. So I’m going to trust Alan Hepple who drafted all of the Avs prospects and BA who knows Ontario very well.
I’m not arguing it’s a terrible return. It’s good value. Just not a big fan of Timmins. Also don’t know how you play all of Stralman, Timmins, Ghost, and Lyubushkin on the right unless you plan on forcing Ghost to the left based on his handedness.

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m not arguing it’s a terrible return. It’s good value. Just not a big fan of Timmins. Also don’t know how you play all of Stralman, Timmins, Ghost, and Lyubushkin on the right unless you plan on forcing Ghost to the left based on his handedness.
Isn’t Ghost on the right more of a PP thing? Or more pressing on the PP? Also, Lyubushkin can play 7D. Or alternate in and out with Timmins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad