GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021 - 9AM

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Seeing what goalies are going for right now I cant help but think of the return a Kuemper at 50% retained could fetch.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I like Newhook but that seems like poor value for us. I would do Newhook for Dvorak but not both.
Maybe a 1st as well or a D prospect. If Colorado adds Johnson then the Coyotes can get even more.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Craig also believes Avs have no choice but Kuemper. I don’t know if I can recall any trade that Sakic has lost but we’ll see on this one. BA certainly has the cards on him

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You don't have that many 2nd ;)...

There is no way Sakic is paying up in a trade for 1 year of Kuemper. Thats just not his style. I doubt he would even give up a 1st. He always loses bidding wars.

The one caveat to that would be a bigger deal involving Kuemper and say Dvorak. But who the hell knows what a deal like that would look like.

But I highly doubt (and hope) that Sakic would even give up a 1st for Kuemper personally. Not saying it won't happen but I would be surprised given his age, contract status and injury issues. If you get one, BA has bested Sakic and that usually never happens. Would be a good sign for you guys.
Newhook is never going to happen (unless in a bigger deal but even then)...
If Kuemper could have been traded for a first round pick it would have happened already. If a first comes back from Colorado, there will be a sweetener from AZ like the OEL trade (Garland).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad