GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
didn’t say they were bad just at some point you gotta get legit prospects in these deals. Good try though mate
1st round picks aren’t legit prospects? We have traded for Bahl, Foote, Kuokkanen so are those not legit prospects? A first round pick is extremely valuable, regardless of your impatience.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Fitz couldn’t beat a 3rd round pick in 2022?????
W
T
F

Devils had to of been on his no trade list or everything good that Fitz has done has been erased by not being able to beat a frickin 3rd round pick in 2022 for a top 2 LHD .....

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
1st round picks aren’t legit prospects? We have traded for Bahl, Foote, Kuokkanen so are those not legit prospects? A first round pick is extremely valuable, regardless of your impatience.

a prospect being a kid that’s drafted and already in the system and you can evaluate aka a more proven commodity then a late round first round draft pick. Again who will have a quicker impact on the team that 2021 first round draft pick #25 or bahl?

it’s not being impatient either. It’s being logical. They need players that are more of a known then an unknown pick that won’t touch the ice for 4 years.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I don't think this is a big deal yet. It's all dependent on the other things that we do. I also don't think Schmidt is the best guy for us but at that price I get why some would be upset over not getting him

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I can only imagine Fitz just doesn’t want him cuz of age or we were on the list. Cuz I have to imagine we would have sent them
NYI 2nd next year if we wanted him

Reactions: Guttersniped

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Very possible that we simply have other targets in mind. Potentially more age appropriate targets. I don't think we are done; I would expect one more notable D man move, so I just don't think we were ever looking at this.

Reactions: SYWTom

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Guys... if we get a legit defense this year, it will clearly hurt our chances at one of the best defenseman coming out in the 2021 draft :sarcasm:

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
There’s no doubt in mind the Devils were on Schmidt’s no-trade. They had to have beaten a 3rd round pick. I betcha Schmidt’s acceptable trade list had all the Pacific Division on it thinking Vegas would never trade him in the division and they did anyway but got nothing for it.

Reactions: My3Sons

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
lol market just isn’t what people think it is with cap dumps. Think we can eliminate that narrative from next year please

he isn’t a pure cap dump, he’s a useful player. Same thing as Murray to us, only a bit older but better and less injury concern.

Reactions: Guttersniped

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

What!? How did we not get in on that one?

Vancouver is a division rival that eliminated them from the playoffs.

Other way around, they eliminated Vancouver...but that's still a mind-bogglingly bad return especially considering the division thing. You'd expect that kind of return to get him OUT of the division. What happened to Florida and all those rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad