GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
This is what I found:

Seravalli adds, “But I’m told at this point, including one of the teams they’ve talked to in the Carolina Hurricanes, the price that the Vegas Golden Knights are willing to pay in order to have a team eat some of that salary so far remains way too low for those teams to be interested.” Seravalli notes the offer from the Golden Knights is still a second-round pick but teams are being asked to eat up to half of the salary ($3.5 million) so teams are looking for a first and a second rounder.

If your in a win now mode then just give up the first round pick. It should probably be an early round second pick. What’s the problem? Lol. A 2021 late first round pick isn’t going to help a team until 2023-24 let that sink in

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If we can take advantage of the situation in Vegas, we’ll be winning the trade regardless of who or what’s involved.

This is THE main reason why we saved our cap space for the past couple of years.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
To be clear, they are 2.1M over the 10% cushion right now. They would still need to clear additional space by the start of the season. But 2.1M is what they need to clear by tomorrow to be cap compliant.

I am not sure if that means the league would reject the AP contract or if there would be some sort of other punishment for violating the cap ceiling. Any CBA wonks in here able to chime in?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
To be clear, they are 2.1M over the 10% cushion right now. They would still need to clear additional space by the start of the season. But 2.1M is what they need to clear by tomorrow to be cap compliant.

I am not sure if that means the league would reject the AP contract or if there would be some sort of other punishment for violating the cap ceiling. Any CBA wonks in here able to chime in?

I saw someone else say on the main board I think that they have to clear it off to get the contract approved, which makes sense.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
We aren’t nearly getting enough for a two year cap dump involving 6.25m of real money.

I'll take more. FWIW Detroit got a 2nd to pay 3.2 m to Marc Staal (5.7 m cap hit), and I assume the Devils aren't the only team that would be interested in buying futures as a middle man so there would be some downward pressure on whatever it took.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

I think it just cancels the AP deal they just handed out.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Seems like a lose lose ? What if no other team helps Vegas out, thus keeping pie a ufa, if you are a team in the running for pie you absolutely don’t help them out

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Seems like a lose lose ? What if no other team helps Vegas out, thus keeping pie a ufa, if you are a team in the running for pie you absolutely don’t help them out

Teams can't collude and I don't think that any team would trust all the other teams not to pull the trigger on a trade that significantly helps them out. I know I wouldn't lol.

If you value a guy like Schmidt that much and you're not in on Pie, and you can get Schmidt for like a 5th....wouldn't you want to do it?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I don’t believe he’s signed anything, they just agreed to terms.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Who was the GM for Vegas that gave out these contracts? Was it McPhee or McCrimmon? If it was McPhee, it kind of makes him not the genius everyone made him out to be. Same would go for Yzerman in Tampa.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Teams can't collude and I don't think that any team would trust all the other teams not to pull the trigger on a trade that significantly helps them out. I know I wouldn't lol.

If you value a guy like Schmidt that much and you're not in on Pie, and you can get Schmidt for like a 5th....wouldn't you want to do it?
I agree but I’m just playing the what if game lol

Reactions: Forge

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Well that’s a no brainer but if Vegas is trying to "squeeze" other teams by offering Martinez and a 3rd for peanuts, just to get by the deadline date of tomorrow... I wouldn’t take it.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm not even sure who he is, but Vancouver fans and the main board seem to quote him a lot when it comes to Vancouver, so I'm assuming that he's got some sources.

He is quoting Rick Dhaliwal and he does TSN radio and the Athletic for the Canucks

Reactions: Forge

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Theodore or Schmidt ? If you had to choose

Easily Theodore but Vegas isn't doing that. They'd move out others before Theodore and to get Theodore it wouldn't be as a dump. You'd have to give up valuable assets to get him

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad